Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Fantastic,

The main reason for this post is me expression how awesome the people I dealt with today were and to recommend them all to you if you go looking for these problems,

I have a steal shield alarm, and the remote broke! What am i to do, I cant get into my car, i cant drive it, its f**ked, totally immobilised, after 2 hours of fiddling i managed to JUST unlock my car ONCE with the old remote, I drove to several auto sparkies, with no avail, but then went to the electrician guy behind subway in kelston,

He was great! he tried everything, and then put me onto the only steal shield retailer in nz, in albany.

So I drive over to albany, and go to QuickFire tech, this guy was so clued up, he took about 15 seconds to , get the new remote, tune it to my alarm, get my alarm working perfect, gave me a free manual and told me everything there is to know about my alarm, all for $60.

IF you have a steal shield alarm and there is ANYTHING you need done with it, this guy is the way to go, other companies can fix alarms and get them working, but this guy is the only nz retailer and he does it cheap,

Their located at,

Quickfiretech

12 Tristram Ave

ph. 449 1230

The other thing that happend, was my brake discs, i needed to get them skimmed BADLY, so I told my mechanic id be bringing them down in 45 mins, so he went ahead and called a skimmer for me, my elm, key snapped, so no break discs. I told me mechanic, the brake skimmer CAME to my house, lent me his tools, helped me take off my rotors, did them in my driveway in his van with his crazy machine, all for $60 bux.

HIS name was,

Advanced Brake Skimming.

Dave Malam,

Pt Checalier, Auckland.

advancedbrakeskimming@xtra.co.nz

They are a mobile service, but he came without booking, didnt charge extra, but let me use his tools, and took the time to speed the process up by doing the other side while i was doing one,

I had a sweet as day and had such a mean as experience with these people i felt they be credited this and I should tell you guys, I recommend them for great serviice.

hmm freshly skimmed brake rotor goodness, the 30 handles so good now its crazy what a change it made.

post-1848-1178102514_thumb.jpg

Edited by QuickSilver

Cool - its always good when you have good experiences with a particular company. Show your support by using them again in the future.

Pt Checalier, Auckland.

This is my favourite made-up suburb aswell!....... Pt Chevalier is correct, for those that dont know

Reminds me of what happened to us..

On easter sunday, my car had totally immobilised itself while we were tenting in Whangamata. The night before we had a power cut so we chucked on the sounds in my car and come the morning when we went to leave, dead battery (got a bit carried away with the music the night before). So anyway after using a friend of a friend of a friends jumper leads we got the battery working, but now the car wouldn't recognise the alarm remotes immoboliser. With all our gear loaded in the BMW at Whangamata i thought... o sh*t. So anyway, we tried searching under the dash by the steering wheel trying to find an immoboliser button but to no avail. After bout 30 minutes I saw the alarm sticker on my window with a mobile number on it. The sticker being about a year old and being easter sunday I thought I'd be joking myself to get ahold of someone who could help. I rang up and the dude helped me for about 10 minutes walking me through how to unimmobolise the car after having a flat battery using the flashing alarm L.E.D and ignition. Was a long process and eventually it ticked over. Saved our asses, I couldn't thank him enough!!

So yeh, Hamilton people, go to Mobile Car Alarms on Te Rapa Straight. Good dudes

v is right next to c

BACK ON TOPIC

Always good to have a win.

Edited by OLLIE
because some people went way off topic

Cool - its always good when you have good experiences with a particular company. Show your support by using them again in the future.

definatelz if therese any of those sort of problems then back to them super quick..

and as for you ryan... cheeeky ... haha

Added your comments to parts/places sticky