Sign in to follow this  
savvi

advice needed to fit mtech 1 kit ?

gott my car back from the panel beater and im trying to fit my rear kit without the towbar but not having much luck with it. been a while since i took it off and 4 got how everything goes back together

how do i attatch the bumper brackets to the back of the car. the brackets look like to me they should go were the towbar bolt holes are but the thread is not long enough to go right thru.

wat do i do now

Posted Image

You need those towbar bits.

Cars without a towbar have the correct mounting points without the towbar (obviously).

So either go get those. Or take to your towbar with a hacksaw and cut the tabs off.

cheers andrew, thought it might be something like that

Be careful - Tony can tell you a story about the last time Andrew tried to fit a rear diffuser using a hacksaw...

You need to remove those square plates that mount the towbar. They have a long!! piece of angle bar that goes up the chassis rail and held in place by a bolt about 2/3 of the way up the rail towards the driver's side on the underside of the rail. Once those are removed the standard bumper mounts will work.

Will

Be careful - Tony can tell you a story about the last time Andrew tried to fit a rear diffuser using a hacksaw...

Its still missing ha

well i did wat a couple of you guys suggested and got the angle grinder instead of hacksaw far to much work

and cut the towbar up so i could fit the kit

havent tried fitting yet coz wana make sure i didnt screw up

so heres some pics of wat ive cum up with

Posted Image

Posted Image