Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

BMW F3 CUV gets the Go Ahead

Posted Image

Seems like BMW has finally figured out what to do with their plans of building a CUV or a MPV. Previously reported, BMW was planning 5-Series based MPV as well as a smaller CUV based on the 3-Series dubbed as the F3. While there have been no reports on the progress of the 5-Series based MPV, the F3 has received the green light for production.

According to AutoWeek, when BMW’s new CEO Norbert Reithofer arrived and reviewed the five-seater CUV in 2006, he gave the F3 a thumbs up for production.

By combining the high seating position of a sport/utility vehicle with the space afforded by a traditional station wagon, crossovers appear to be providing an clear alternative to buyers,” a BMW insider told AutoWeek. “Our goal is to bring a CUV to market offering the best possible dynamics.”

With the way the current development patterns are going we probably won’t see the F3 until 2010. The 5-Series based MPV is expected to be revealed in mid-2009 but we really hope BMW learns from the slow sales of the Mercedes R-Class.

Source: AutoWeek

abortion like creature

it looks like a cat aye ... meow

There's some fairly grunty MPV's out there, I'm guessing this one will be at the top, poor kids in the back will be get thrown around

looks pretty agro for an mpv.

i think the rear guards look pretty good and how massive are those wheels!

i know if i had like 3 or four kids id be buyn it.... for the missus of course ill keep my m3 :P

Edited by btccm3