Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Turbo 318iS

haha thanks guys, but i have got storage organised...will be gone for long enough im not fussed about batteries, will just a new one to the (growing) shopping list

after the little things sorted, will have to start thinking about making more power...

and yes..its definately sold`=D

No worries Gus. I'd to break it anyway.

finally sold aye. how much did u originally want ? like 18k aye? devalued quickly

finally sold aye. how much did u originally want ? like 18k aye? devalued quickly

It had no value - no modified cars do.

I sold it cheap to a friend - I wouldn't of done the same for anyone else.

Such words of wisdom, a pity others don't always recognise this. Good on yaPosted Image

its hard to value, but as has been said, everyone who wanted it couldnt afford it, and everyone who could afford it didnt want it.

a lot of it for me came down to the fact that it is a mint e30 and had good wheels/interior etc. the fact its around 280hp is a bonus, i wouldnt build one myself that fast

good sh*t buds.

when you planning on being back to drive that sucker anyways gus?

hmm maybe i should get round to selling my car now....

any takers?..

its hard to value, but as has been said, everyone who wanted it couldnt afford it, and everyone who could afford it didnt want it.

As we all know (or very quickly learn), a car is not worth the sum of its parts. That's where emotion and exclusivity come into it. As long as you can attract all potential buyers, that's where a $1 reserve auction works so well.

If the Motorsport factory had built that car as a one off, who knows what it's value would be.

nice friend huh. giving him 8k and all. bloody nice car though. without a doubt

Edited by DrphTa

nice friend huh. giving him 8k and all. bloody nice car though. without a doubt

we roll deep

....that's where a $1 reserve auction works so well.

You're assuming everyone who could be interested knows that the car is for sale on TradeMe.

If it can't sell for $8gs on TradeMe, $1 reserve will only allow it to sell for less, as obviously no-one wanted to pay $8k for it...

As long as you can attract all potential buyers, that's where a $1 reserve auction works so well.

Like I said. It's all in the marketing.

Yup, I've had things listed before with no interest. Stick them on $1 res and they sold for than than I wanted originally.

Hah, I put some rear lights for my e38 on with a 50 dollar start, no reserve and got no interest at all.

A week later I put them on again with a 100 start, 150 reserve and they went with a 250 buy now, 30 mins after I listed them !

Trying to get back on topic though, Id only seen your intial posts saying you wanted 13k so was very surprised to hear you had it on TM for 8k. Although I may have seen one saying 10k+ I saw nothing else hinting at such a huge price drop !

I guess its all in the marketing after all.

all a good sale needs is someone with the money and a desire to have what you have to sell.

sometimes you need to get the kids into the candy shop before they start buying.

i am surprised it didnt sell before at the original price, when it came to a price i could afford i went for it.

im back in about a year or so, hopefully with some bits n pieces to help improve it

i also wanted something different, also non 325, black, manual. makes a bit of a change!

i am surprised it didnt sell before at the original price, when it came to a price i could afford i went for it.

im back in about a year or so, hopefully with some bits n pieces to help improve it

i also wanted something different, also non 325, black, manual. makes a bit of a change!

since when was it auto?

since when was it auto?

Nah, he's just saying every car he has ever owned has been, black..... 325....... manual....... yawn...

I suspect it would of been very hard to sell in it's original 12k form also except that I wanted boost badly.

The car owes me about 20k - 12k to buy and 8k in fixing things (that's DIY also!) I got 5000kms out of it - that's quite a lot for me.

I've now done over a couple of thousand dollars worth of mods to the daily and gone a bit mental on the racecar engine so I still have a car as fast as the turbo hah.

I still have the owners handbook and spare alarm key for this car cluttering up my shelf- it goes in the rubbish next week if it isn't picked up!!!

andrew, please?

wishing i hadnt sold all my iS stuff now, i could have returned this one to stock and done something really dumb

I still have the owners handbook and spare alarm key for this car cluttering up my shelf- it goes in the rubbish next week if it isn't picked up!!!

That has GOT to be another 3 or 4 grand on the price gus?

I'll come and get them Conrod.

Gus wants me to drive it around while he's away. Doesn't want anything seizing up through lack of use.

I'll come and get them Conrod.

Gus wants me to drive it around while he's away. Doesn't want anything seizing up through lack of use.

surely you meant "Doesn't want anything seizing up through lack of ABuse?!!!" Edited by conrod

well its mine...again haha

just searching there is 5 FS threads on this car, 4 by andy haha.

conrad, i dont suppose the owners manual didnt get thrown away? happy to pay for you to post it to my place if that suits? not that it didnt get thrown away ages ago haha.

well its mine...again haha

just searching there is 5 FS threads on this car, 4 by andy haha.

conrad, i dont suppose the owners manual didnt get thrown away? happy to pay for you to post it to my place if that suits? not that it didnt get thrown away ages ago haha.

I have the owners manual..