Sign in to follow this  
Murrayc

e30 m20

Factory engine mounts seem to be a weak point for the M20 under race conditions. Has anyone got any recommendations. e.g. urethanes.

Maybe you juast driving too fast? Seen your times?

ive got urethane..works out well, but not ideal for street car as it does transmit a lot more vibration and noise (full urethane makes a kinda shitty street car...its bearable but nowhere near as nice as a normal one)

its much more durable though and unlikely to munch the fan into the radiator

I have ireland engineering urethane - works good and is cheapcheap

I need to change mine at some stage - if your looking at getting some - would be happy to pay half postage, might even be able to organise some sort of group buy.

$120 NZ+delivery for E30 Urethane engine mounts from IE.

Edited by E30stz

Thanks for your feedback.

Ireland Engineering sounds like they are the cheapest. I've also seen some on flyingbrickperformance that are a bit dearer.

I'll be looking at replacing the transmission mounts at the same time and maybe a few other parts so keen to perhaps to organise a group buy to share on freight if anyone is keen. I thought I'd contact Jeff Ireland and see what sort of deal he could do for bimmersport members unless someone has done this already.

Good luck getting Jeff to reply to emails. The only way I got any response from them (in my case for late delivery of goods ordered) was to ring them....

Could prob organise some far cheaper than that. Mate would be making them though. He is the shock engineer at Autolign.