Sign in to follow this  
hazardous_bmw

***GermanPlates Notice***

Meh, could just get the legal plates and as a result have the legal plates to onsell someday?

Either way, you get your money back someday. Well unless you get a plate no one would ever want?

Dude - no one is going to pay more if you have euro plates for your standard rego #. Which is what most of us run.

Why would I want to pay $500 or whatever to get my standard rego in wuro trim?? But $80 - hell yes. Makes the car look 1000% better for $80 outlay.

Edited by bravo

Why would I want to pay $500 or whatever to get my standard rego in wuro trim?? But $80 - hell yes. Makes the car look 1000% better for $80 outlay.

Besides, you can't sell/trade/swap standard rego plates anyway.

I've got proper euros on one of my cars, and the german plates on the other- You forget about the $500, though obviously not as quick as the $80 for German plates.

Do whichever your budget allows, and if you have repercussions from using the german plates, well tough, we all know they aren't technically legal, just remind yourself you were probably being cheap at the time and are most likely paying for it now! (Touches wood...)

They both make the car look a hell of a lot better, so it's worth either the risk of being snapped or the stupid outlay for a peice of reflective coated metal for your car.

The people who dish out the fines are in charge of giving such fines too???

Even if you get the fine lifted, every single time you get fined and go get a WOF you pay the WOF price. So essentially you're still getting fined the WOF amount.

So just to be clear, your complaining about having a legally required WOF?