Sign in to follow this  
hazardous_bmw

***GermanPlates Notice***

Well Yesterday i was in town to find that a parking person *fine disher outers* was waiting by my car after the 4pm cut off and he told me that the Germanplates ARE ILLEGAL!!! because of their make!?!?! aparently they are not a registered font.

he said its not illegal to own them its not illegal to import them but it is to have them on the car.

so i asked him y' know how if you get a fine for having no WOF, and you get one within 28 days the fine is lifted? (yeah) does the same thing apply? yes.

So... if you get a fine for having the plates. get a wof and go to who ever you need to to get the fine lifted.

*gotta love a LOOP-HOLE*

The people who dish out the fines are in charge of giving such fines too???

Even if you get the fine lifted, every single time you get fined and go get a WOF you pay the WOF price. So essentially you're still getting fined the WOF amount.

Thanks for the heads up.

Never knew that.

The people who dish out the fines are in charge of giving such fines too???

Even if you get the fine lifted, every single time you get fined and go get a WOF you pay the WOF price. So essentially you're still getting fined the WOF amount.

Exactly?

Germanplates ARE ilegal.

NZ Europlates are not.

Numberplates are not a WOF issue. You don't need plates for a WOF.

The only authority who decides what plates can go on cars in the LTSA. They will not write you a letter saying they are legal.

As far as I was aware - numberplates were a police issue. Not a parking warden one.

Yes, but parking wardens can fine you for parking on street without WOF and Reg AFAIK, maybe their powers extend to illegal plates too???

Germanplates ARE ilegal.

NZ Europlates are not.

Numberplates are not a WOF issue. You don't need plates for a WOF.

The only authority who decides what plates can go on cars in the LTSA. They will not write you a letter saying they are legal.

As far as I was aware - numberplates were a police issue. Not a parking warden one.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts too??

Anyone know anyone that works at the LTSA and can confirm this?

The point is - no one is really going to give you sh*t if you are using replica NZ europlates from

GERMANPLATES.com

So keep buying them.

Im pretty sure those f**king parking wardens can give you fines for bald tyres etc aswell.

They don't carry around measuring instruments, but if your tyre looks excessively bald, threads showing, they should slash your tyres!

This pretty much sums up my thoughts too??

Anyone know anyone that works at the LTSA and can confirm this?

Yes and its been discussed at length many, many times before. No matter what the plates look like, if they are not manufactured by the LTSA or one of their authorised members the plates are illegal.

As long as you carry around the original plates in the car wouldn't it be ok to just switch the plates over if needed?

They're always looking for ways to make extra $$ on fines.

Laurence.

I bought this up a while ago, after I was sent a pretty little letter from the LTSA.

Just keep some "legal" plates in your boot - if you ever need them.

Exactly?

Just pointing out that the loophole isn't exactly a cheap one - if the parking warden wants to, then he could just come back to where you usually park and fine you over and over again.

dont park it the same place the but hey if that a**hole of a parking fairy gives me a ticket. he will find out what

22 frozen paintballs per second traveling at close to 400kph feels like. lol :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by hazardous_bmw

Just thought id add that when i was pinged the other night the cop didnt say anything at all about the black german plates i have... better change em before heading to VTNZ for a new WOF...

Just thought id add that when i was pinged the other night the cop didnt say anything at all about the black german plates i have... better change em before heading to VTNZ for a new WOF...

PLATES ARE NOT A WOF ISSUE

*once again*

:)

wonder if it's illegal if i painted my letter on the plate to red?

Yeah it's probably illegal providing you didn't pay the rediculous $399 to 'upgrade' your current plate..

No issues with my plates.. Cops don't look twice - unlucky if you do get done..

PLATES ARE NOT A WOF ISSUE

*once again*

:)

Andrew id say they would have something to say with it being a green sticker WOF :D

Make them show you where in the WOF rules it refers to license plates (it doesn't). They only check the license plate lights. You don't even need plates to get a WOF. This is because you cannot even register a vehicle if it doesn't have a WOF, so how can a WOF require plates. Can't get plates without WOF.

Edited by bravo

Make them show you where in the WOF rules it refers to license plates (it doesn't). They only check the license plate lights. You don't even need plates to get a WOF. This is because you cannot even register a vehicle if it doesn't have a WOF, so how can a WOF require plates. Can't get plates without WOF.

In that case, surely you can just write in and ask to be acquitted? Somehow I dont think that will stand.

Edited by Assault

In that case, surely you can just write in and ask to be acquitted? Somehow I dont think that will stand.

Aquitted from a plate fine? No - because they are not WOF issues.

A separate authority handles plates - the police!

Its still illegal to run non-standard (read non-plates.co.nz) plates. Just not for WOF. You can get a WOF with any plate you like, but that doesn't mean you can drive down the road and not get fined for it.