Sign in to follow this  
bean

resetting service light tool

Hi,

My E30 is coming up with an service light for oil service, am going to do it myself buy need the resetting tool. Where abouts could I pick one up in WGTN?

Any Ideas/

Thanks

Whats an Inspection reset?Does that mean all the lights will go green and pretty?

Guest Ken

Whats an Inspection reset?Does that mean all the lights will go green and pretty?

Yes! (Hopefully). There's 2 settings, one for the green countdown lights and one for the oil service. Needless to say, resetting the lights doesn't change your oil etc. for you!!! :lol:

Yes! (Hopefully). There's 2 settings, one for the green countdown lights and one for the oil service. Needless to say, resetting the lights doesn't change your oil etc. for you!!! :lol:

I am wanting to change the oil, do I follw the process that Bravo gave me, will this reset the oil?

Cheers

I have to read things properly before posting a reply. I see I have to change the oil myself..

hahaha

Whoops

It says "According to Patrick Farrel, a BMW master tech working at a dealer in MD, you should always use a fused jumper wire."

Does anyone know what gage fuse to use at all?

PLease help.

Thanks

Guest Ken

It says "According to Patrick Farrel, a BMW master tech working at a dealer in MD, you should always use a fused jumper wire."

Does anyone know what gage fuse to use at all?

PLease help.

Thanks

The service light circuit is low (electronic) voltage so I would presume something in the milliamp range. Alternatively - where are you - are there any BS members nearby with a reset tool?

Anyone in WGTN have a reset tool at all?

Thanks

Just connect the wires in the howto - it works fine.

Done it several times unfused. The fuse is so if you cock it up and short something the fuse blows. Just don't cock it up.

Ken - the other old git has one I believe.

Cheers, I will follow those instuctions you sent me. So it shouldnt be a problem.

Glad I joined Bimmersport alot of advise from here...

Thanks all.

Is this the service tool?

TradeMe

Yep - does both plugs but not later OBD2 (2000 >)

Guest Ken

Is this the service tool?

TradeMe

That's the one I have. It's not a bad price too. Also does E34s with the M20 motor.

I can not get on to trade me from work, was wondering how much they want for it.

Thanks.

Guest Ken

I can not get on to trade me from work, was wondering how much they want for it.

Thanks.

Buy-now = $76.50

If you want to take a trip up to palmy some time I'll set them for you no charge.

If you want to take a trip up to palmy some time I'll set them for you no charge.

Cheers mate, I think I am going to do it this weekend, not a big thing to do just a bit of cable between two holes, easy as..

Will ledt you know if I fail tho, then imight make the trip up, havent been to palmy in ages, last time I was there I woke up in a random bed in the uni halls.