Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

smoked tail lights e30

hey haha i need more help and ideas. how to smoke my tail lights or have any i can buy. thanks alot

You use a tint spray on them followed by a clear coat....

Try the search function at the top right of the screen, theres heaps on this topic already.

PM Ollie.

when you smoke tail lights do you smoke the outside of the tail light or the inside. and should i smoke the front signals and the sides. and is it hard to get a wof with them. many thanks

when you smoke tail lights do you smoke the outside of the tail light or the inside. and should i smoke the front signals and the sides. and is it hard to get a wof with them. many thanks

I had smoked all-round on my car, had no issues with WOFs, Police, or following traffic.

Smoked on the outside, I'd do all - after practice of course. If no clear coat, add a Wax.

post-1370-1186296853.jpgpost-1370-1186296806.jpg

I've had problems with wofs,but it depends on which set I'm running at the time (I have a darker set) and where I go for the WOF. Technically they ARE illegal, but you'll get away with it 9 out of 10.

Not sure if Ollie is still providing the service. If he is its worth the cost - his finish is better than most can do with a spray can for not alot more.

I had smoked all-round on my car, had no issues with WOFs, Police, or following traffic.

Smoked on the outside, I'd do all - after practice of course. If no clear coat, add a Wax.

post-1370-1186296853.jpgpost-1370-1186296806.jpg

hey there you where selling your car on trademe awhile ago aye! and now your selling the side directors. are you selling the back to?

hey there you where selling your car on trademe awhile ago aye! and now your selling the side directors. are you selling the back to?

Yeah, sold to some young fella down Puke.

I've got a spare set of sides, that I use on my other 30. Back went with the car. I've only got Ollie Reded FL tails left.

Guest Rick James

I have a set of those. But i never ended up buying a facelift e30.

you can buy mine (still in box) for $400NZ

Courier to auckland? MHW or startec?

MHW brand. These rear lights are not spray painted, rather they were made with tint plastic.

price includes p&p

PM me if interested.

I failed a wof cos my front indicators are smoked, so i had to buy another set of covers. then swap them back to the smokes after. you can get a tint spray from repco for $18. like other people say tho I spose its just where you go to get your wof.

so then does anyone know any good places to get wofs in auckland city haha. i don't think il go to dark at the start. but how dark can u actly go with them. as dark as you wont?!? i have brought the sspray and im going to do them this sataday after rugby yaya haha