Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Website Build

Hi All

I am at the stage with my company that I need to have some kind of web presence. When I started the company I registered the appropriate domain name (in case I needed it in the future).

The site does not need to be overly complex, and will not need to have a heap of pages, however it needs to very professional in its appearance.

I would also prefer to be have a site that will allow me to easily (and I stress easily) manage the content, and add/edit etc where I need to (maybe using something like dot net nuke???? - I'm by no means an expert in this but this is something I have heard of that allows easy content management).

Also, I will need some kind of hosting (the domain name was registered with domainz, and I have done nothing with it since).

What I envisage I need is a basic structure, and layout set up that I can then go ahead and add the actual main content.

This may be a noob comment, but I also need to have an email address set up as part of this.

Can anyone here assist me with this? Send me a PM if you think you can help.

Also I would prefer someone who if GST registered as I want to put this through my books properly.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I can help you with this Grant, as far as the content management thing goes I still havent made a decision on what is the best solution, but we can definitely work something out for you. just a point to note, a content managed website will almost triple the cost of it but the benefits normally outweigh that.

can provide a GST invoice and a professional site, that most importantly works and brings results!

give me a call for a chat if you'd like 027 544 8699

A pro designed (visually doesn't look sh*t) small static usually about 2k (very rough)

CMS anywhere from that upwards depending how much custom work is needed. It really falls into hours spent.

I'm replying on behalf of my daughter, who is a webdesigner and marketing consultant.

A fully functioning CMS, allowing basic page management, contact manager and the like with a visual template and logo would start at around $500. For more complex content (such as products, articles and other searchable and indexed content), you could expect to pay $1000. For a more accurate quote you would need to give full details over what you're after. Some samples of her work include www.uninam.net (a site for a unicycle tour with member profiles, blogs, a fully functioning backend and image management) which went for around $1000, and www.learning4ever.com (another db driven site with a basic shopping cart, searchable products, affiliates and basic content management) which also went for around $1000.

A tip for you, if you don't know what you need; look at your market leader's websites. And then make yours better!

I'm replying on behalf of my daughter, who is a webdesigner and marketing consultant.

A fully functioning CMS, allowing basic page management, contact manager and the like with a visual template and logo would start at around $500. For more complex content (such as products, articles and other searchable and indexed content), you could expect to pay $1000. For a more accurate quote you would need to give full details over what you're after. Some samples of her work include www.uninam.net (a site for a unicycle tour with member profiles, blogs, a fully functioning backend and image management) which went for around $1000, and www.learning4ever.com (another db driven site with a basic shopping cart, searchable products, affiliates and basic content management) which also went for around $1000.

Add professional design to these websites and they would go for over $2000 ea. Another thing to consider is what copy you want on the site and whether you can provide good copy or want a copywriter to write it for you, which is another cost.

A tip for you, if you don't know what you need; look at your market leader's websites. And then make yours better!

That is dam good advice.I work for my familys finance company and our software/website developer is curently building a website for us. I'm off to check out other websites now and make any applicable changes.