Sign in to follow this  
rollas22

Superlow Jamex?

hey guys, pulled out the cutties an put in some superlow jamex springs (brand new) they seam to be very high.... ive had superlow springs in other cars an it made them fairly low so was going on that idea.

Any1 else had this issue with jamex?

E36 320i sedan on 18's

If i was to compress standard springs to say 100mm in the rear what hight would the rear be?

I've got the superlows in an E30 and like it

Edited by Carl

I'm on Jamex superlows and find it perfect - wouldn't want to go any lower and have to certifying it

I am on Jamax S/L and have just cut my bottom spring platforms on the front off and raised them 25mm. This is cause in the last 2 years (how long they have been in) they have sagged to the point of me having no travel at all in the front. sh*t springs but that is all I have at the mo. Funny enough the rears are still the same height as when new.

Rear chassis on E36 sedan is ~150mm off ground and front is ~130.This is based on mesurements off my car,318i on factory wheels.

So if ya wanna stay above 100mm theoretically,30mm in the front and 50mm in the back.

Rear chassis on E36 sedan is ~150mm off ground and front is ~130.This is based on mesurements off my car,318i on factory wheels.

So if ya wanna stay above 100mm theoretically,30mm in the front and 50mm in the back.

I think 4dr and 2dr differ, as do engine sizes; 1.8 & 2.0+

I think 4dr and 2dr differ, as do engine sizes; 1.8 & 2.0+

I wouldn't think they have a difference between 4 and 2 doors. Engine size could mean a different spring. But when buying was not asked how many doors or if it was 4 or 6 cyl.

I wouldn't think they have a difference between 4 and 2 doors. Engine size could mean a different spring. But when buying was not asked how many doors or if it was 4 or 6 cyl.

Well i must say the superlow jamex i put in my car r really high, i really cant see any difference compared to a standard E36...

Mite have too compress them to the height i want...

give them a week or so to settle, you'll be surprised.

my jamexs have aswell (been in car for bout 9 months), going to change to H&R's when I've got the coin.

it's funny my Jamex superlows woked out mint in my E36 318 and never had any problems with 'sag' etc

it's funny my Jamex superlows woked out mint in my E36 318 and never had any problems with 'sag' etc

They been in the car a week an have not gone low... I may have got the wrong springs sent but yeah i wouldnt no how to tell... Just guna get standy springs compressed 100-120mm in the rear an a good 50-70mm in the front.

sweet would you be able to post up some pics after youve got that done, i wanna see hw it is

Hrm, maybe just the roof is lower on my coupe compared to others...?

Coupes roofs are lower all round...A,B,C pillar are different alltogether.

i'm guessing the pics in your profile are when the car had the cutties in it? Is your rear wheel arch now at the top of the wheel with the Jamex springs in it? If so, this is where my car sat and from memory was approx 110mm off ground. just remember LEGALLY you can not go any lower than 100mm off ground.

i've got H+R out of an E30 in the front of mine and jamex for E36 in the rear, and its lowered it quite nicely :).

Maybe the e30 springs go lower. Have never tried my jamex springs in the front to know.. Still rides nice too

Around 160mm at lowest point ±10mm or so.

so a 60mm drop would make it jst on legal?

is this corect

thanks alot

with a 60mm drop you generally need shortened shocks too.

I went 60 in the front and they are still captive, 40mm drop rear and its a bit borderline. 60/40 is a pretty sweet stance tho, 60/60 had the back way too low.