Sign in to follow this  
jjs

BMW pesonalised plates

Looking at buying a BMW personalised euro plate from the series that BMW NZ released about two years ago, e.g BMW001 - BMW999

What do you think these are worth?

Anyone got one for sale?

Get a bimmer first ;P

Get a bimmer first ;P

Have a 96 328i on its way.....

Yeah thats ex dealer... seems quite dear to me. Do you think these are over priced? I was thinking under $500

That $995 price is because you're buying a euro-style personalised plate. To create your own euro plate on plates.co.nz is $799 and that's without the BMW logo on it (which costs extra still). With that in mind, the dealer is prob only making $100 bucks on each plate they sell. So, if you really want one, you may have to just stump up the cash! :)

Or.... get a German plate with your original rego... www.germanplates.com FTW!

That $995 price is because you're buying a euro-style personalised plate. To create your own euro plate on plates.co.nz is $799 and that's without the BMW logo on it (which costs extra still). With that in mind, the dealer is prob only making $100 bucks on each plate they sell. So, if you really want one, you may have to just stump up the cash! :)

Or.... get a German plate with your original rego... www.germanplates.com FTW!

The prices from plates.co.nz are:

3 letters + 3 numbers, or 3 numbers + 3 letters = $498 - they are "Select" plates

Your combo of letters etc = $699 - they are "premium plates" - and you pay an extra $100 for a Euro style plate, or if the palte has red letters.

The fee for selling on Plates.co.nz is $153 PLUS 10% commission with a minimum of $135 - that $288 costs ontop of the base plate cost. Most sell for under $1000. They have allthe stats on what plated are selling at. $1000 for a select plate seems expensive.

Forget the maths guys.

Someone else has it.

You want it.

What's the least they'll take for it?

What're you prepared to pay?

That's what it's going to cost. :rolleyes:

Forget the maths guys.

Someone else has it.

You want it.

What's the least they'll take for it?

What're you prepared to pay?

That's what it's going to cost. :rolleyes:

Good call.

its all about supply and demand.

i paid $165 for mine, from trade me

post-279-1186309529_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

When you buy a plate from private, make sure the person actually own the plate.

Personalised plate ownership is separate from the vehicle ownership.

Just because the plate is on a car doesn't mean the car owner owns the plate as well.

When you sell a car with the personalised plate do you have to do a change of ownership for the plate also?

When you sell a car with the personalised plate do you have to do a change of ownership for the plate also?

If you are selling your car WITHOUT the plate (i.e. seller keep the plate), then you'll need to get a new plate for the car before change of ownership. From memory around $20-30 from VINZ, VTNZ, AA and the likes.

If you are selling your car WITH the plate (i.e. buyer get the personlised plate), then yes. There's a form to fill in from Licensys (the government's plate manufacturer) so they'll update the record for the plate ownership.

http://www.plates.co.nz/pdfs/right_to_receive_transfer.pdf

Then send to:

Government Plate Manufacturer (LicenSys NZ Ltd.)

PO Box 22078

Otahuhu

Auckland

Edit: Typo

Edited by my_e36

Can't re-assign government plates as far as I'm aware-

Correct (as I had a pretty good one on my last car)

I'm not sure if they re-assign them to the pool of 3+3 plates available after a period of time or not though?

I have a 3+3 on my current car (though it's actually a premium plate, as it was purchased before they released the 3+3 idea). It's all pretty crazy, especially the prices! $700+ for a plate these days :/