Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Recommend fre movie editing software

Have made a few movies with Windows movie maker, and it has most of what I'm after, except that audio mixing is difficult as you can't control the length of fades, it is cumbersome to get the levels correct, and when you zoom-in/out on the time line, the audio goes out of sync so its hard to get it lined up properly.

Anyone got a free app that is easy to learn but has a few more advanced features?

Cheers

Premiere Pro 2 (Or CS3) is kind of Prosumer stuff.

Check out Sony Media Software

Their Vegas editing suite is powerful yet easy to pick up.... there's a 30 day trial download... but you can get an extended trial if you know what I mean *cough*... I don't condone anything *cough*

Have made a few movies with Windows movie maker, and it has most of what I'm after, except that audio mixing is difficult as you can't control the length of fades, it is cumbersome to get the levels correct, and when you zoom-in/out on the time line, the audio goes out of sync so its hard to get it lined up properly.

Anyone got a free app that is easy to learn but has a few more advanced features?

Cheers

Yep, Movie Maker did what I needed, just frustrating that you can't pixilate specific areas of the screen rather than the whole screen. Not that I'm trying to hide number plates or anything *cough*