Sign in to follow this  
rollas22

lowered rear problem....

Ok so i got my standard springs compressed to a 65mm drop... (think it was toooooo far)

Installed them, an went to take for a drive, backed out an went to drive off slowly to hear a bang an the wheel locked up... was going like 1km/hr (watchn the whole time)

Reversed it up an tryed again thinkn the spring wasnt in properly... did it again.

To scared to try again..

Any theorys to what it could be???

E36 320i sedan

Jack up the back of the car and put it safely on some stands, then i would suggest getting a torch and having a real good look around all the suspension components to look for anythin thats been rubbing or scuffing and that should let you know whats not working properly. Checking everything over is aways a good start when sonething has gone wrong.

Good luck anyway dude

Yeh it was going mint azz, drove it home, jacked it up, swapt the springs an put it back down to drive an then it just made the bang an lockd the wheel... i can go in reverse an drive etc, but only for a short distance say 2-4metres then it locks up again... duno what is up with it...

Load on the diff maybe?

Where are you?

Load on the diff maybe?

most likely a diff problem

too much angle on the cv's?

ummm this thread is over a year old now so i think he wuda sorted it by now nate

haha

Where bouts in palmy? could pop round for a look if you want .. i know a little bit about a little bit.

ummm this thread is over a year old now so i think he wuda sorted it by now nate

haha

Closed.