Sign in to follow this  
southernhighlander

would 18's fit a 1990 bmw 318i E30

ok i am looking at getting some wheels for my 1990 bmw 318i and was wondering if 18's would fit it i am also having another problem and that is where to go for them i live in christchurch and don't know if i should go to mag and turbo or if i should go to magwharehouse who has gone to these stores and what is the service like there.

I have to say what a reply while I was sifting through, it hasn't even been through the tough normal 18s will make your car handle like sh*t argument! Nice!

I'm running 18x8.5 BBS LM's on the m325i ... it handles fine .. infact I would say it handles more than fine. (obviosly have running gear that allows us to run 8.5 wide)

remember DTM m3's run 18x8.5's standard, so dont let people feed you bullshit

I'm sure you will agree Josh that handling on the track and handling on the road are two different things. And as you said the suspension makes all the difference.

However, this cat seems to want a big kit and big wheels to match. It's possible, so why not.

Go for it dude. But don't expect it to be easy to make them fit, drive with them without rubbing, or have a decent ride. If its a low, slow, cruiser you're after, and you don't mind rolling guards then sweet.

Edited by bravo

Just around places to go ... you thought about checking out wheels that are availible in NZ and picking like that ... Do what I do, figure out what you really want and contact the distrubutor.

I recommend magwarehouse.com in CHCH mate.... they take a pic of your car, load it into their computer and then you can see any style of wheel on it, pretty neat tool.

Scott at Magwarehouse is one of my clients.... he's a good bastard, go have a chat to him.

ok then thanks for that gannetboy will do that also who would be the best people to roll my guards on my car as it is going to be my daily driver/show car.

The guys at NZEFI in chch do guard rolling,Talk to Alton in there,did all mine for $70 or $80bucks from memory

Heres his number 021438277 Tell him Riley with the Lexus v8 e30 sent ya in :) Hes doin my link soon

thanks for that drifty 340i v8 will get in touch with them i am trying to do something different

Posted Image

here is a side on view of my car hope it works.

Edited by southernhighlander

If your trying to do something different dont put 18s on then, every boy racer with an e30 in town has 17s or 18s.

There is bugger all with decent 15s and 16s.

lol

post-590-1188548835_thumb.jpg

Na having you on dude, do what you want but ive been there done that. You'd seriously be better off getting decent 15/16 inch wheels and spending the money on a rear disc upgrade and suspension bush overhaul.

Up to you though.....

Edited by Jake The Muss

^^I agree^^ you could go down the chrome road ,its really up to you and what you like at the end of the day.

^^I agree^^ you could go down the chrome road ,its really up to you and what you like at the end of the day.

i am only thinking it at the moment just waiting on a few companies to reply back on to me on wheels that would suit my car.

i am only thinking it at the moment just waiting on a few companies to reply back on to me on wheels that would suit my car.

ok .. im gonna post this from an old thread I did to try and save another e30 from getting the malaysian chrome treatment.

---------------------------------------

There are tons of things you can do ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

one for westy ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is not a chrome wheel made on the planet that looks better than any of those.

just thought I'd try some photoshop, and couldn't resist your car lol

post-805-1188624357_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately your in the wrong community when it comes to chromes, but hopefully you can take something positive from all this.