Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Breaking News

Ahmed Zoaui's (sp?) security risk certificate has been dropped by SIS Director.

I think that no matter how long (4.5yrs) or how good his evidence is that nothing should overrule the fact that he has been involved in or even known of any terrorist activity.

Whos to say he isn't a threat right now? I still think he should be deported.

What does everyone else think?

Deport his ass and stop wasting our money is what I think.

let the poor bugger stay (no doubt they will keep an eye on him)

I suppose he has been through a lot of crap i.e 2yrs inside without charge etc.

Its like saying to Bin Laden, since so many people feel sorry for you (not that they do in that case) and you've got good evidence why you werent involve you're a free man. Go bomb another building and kill 100 ppl.

[edit] typo

Edited by Quailboy

What good is he going to do by staying here? Other then let all other pricks know NZ is an easy target!?

I mean what, starve yourself and we'll let you stay?

Whats this talk about detention centres deporting their clientiel into our immigration system?

I say reduce imports, reduce tax, and let us live our lives doing up old BMWs.

Guest Ken

Ahhh - Spot the Winston Peters supporters?

I agree, show them the door, or better still, don't open it in the first place!

One point that seems to be lost on the various groups "incensed" by the lack of details about his case is, it's not that the guy may or may not have been guilty of something but that the SIS DOES NOT want to reveal the mechanisms by which they obtained their information.

State security is as inevitible as death and taxes I'm afraid - without it the consequences in this day and age don't bear thinking about.

End of my 10c.

Ken.

SIS aside, lets not forget he illegally entered this country, so for that alone he should be deported.

He lives (currently) on the same street as me at the Catholic Church - however I'm sure he will move out if he is a "free" man. I see him quite often walking around or riding his bicycle - he seems harmless to me (in fact I now give him a nice friendly smile when I walk past him), but it does worry me a bit that NZ is seen as a soft target to people unwelcome elsewhere around the world.

Cheers

Grant

just heard that his wife and kids might be coming over to join him! What the hell, just send an open invitation to his whole country, I am sure the good hearted taxpayers of NZ would put them up in NZ's finest hotels!

Edited by conrod

I suppose he has been through a lot of crap i.e 2yrs inside without charge etc.

Its like saying to Bin Laden, since so many people feel sorry for you (not that they do in that case) and you've got good evidence why you werent involve you're a free man. Go bomb another building and kill 100 ppl.

[edit] typo

Are you serious? - His ongoing situation is a legacy of the hysteria that went arround the world 9/11. Who needs facts - inuendo is good enough. He was part of the democratically elected government, but as it was an islamic government does that make him less of a refugee? He appears to be a genuine refugee in every sense of the word. Think about it - our estemed leaders have no qualms about released dirt on people - if they had any real evidence they would "release it/leak it" to sway public opinion. This is Helen "I must save face" Clark we are talking about here - admit she is wrong? - no way! :wacko: She will let a bunch of cops doing their job hang rather than admit she knew and tacitly agreed to speeding.

just heard that his wife and kids might be coming over to join him! What the hell, just send an open invitation to his whole country, I am sure the good hearted taxpayers of NZ would put them up in NZ's finest hotels!

I came here in 1986 with my parents, after couple of years my aunt and family came out, then my grandparents, then my great aunt and uncle and then their daughter and family.

That makes 16 of us.

Does that upset you just as much ?

because martyn, i would like to think you are a productive member of NZ society. and you come from the mother land

I agree, show them the door, or better still, don't open it in the first place!

exactly what should happen, instead of nz being complete poofters and letting these pieces of sh*t trample all over us.

strong words, but what else can you use to describe people who think its acceptable to kill innocents in their stupid f**king religious war. my big toe is more religious than those arseholes and im not exactly the churchy type.

and beside, what right does he have to come to NZ? None! so why give him one?

WTF!! What exactly has he done?? He was a member of a democratically elected parliament that was over thrown by radical terrorists, who then threw him out of the country.

His refugee status was approved by the refugee board in 2003 after they looked at all the facts. Then some time later he was deemed a security risk...... If there was actually a case against him why has he been set free now???

If we're so worried about terrorists why is Sue Bradford allowed to be in the country....??

Edited by E34-535ti

she shouldnt be! unfortunately the rug muncher was born here

im more pissed how the NZ govt has bent over and taken it instead of having some balls and throwing him out

WTF!! What exactly has he done?? He was a member of a democratically elected parliament that was over thrown by radical terrorists, who then threw him out of the country.

His refugee status was approved by the refugee board in 2003 after they looked at all the facts. Then some time later he was deemed a security risk...... If there was actually a case against him why has he been set free now???

If we're so worried about terrorists why is Sue Bradford allowed to be in the country....??

Nicely put!

This thread has one benefit - it identifies those inclined to intollerant, ignorant, bigoted, racist views. Do they realise how redneck they seem?

Okay, again, lets go back to my other post, put our SIS aside and look at some facts:

1994: Belgium charged him with being "the instigator or the head of a criminal organisation" and two charges of using false passports. He was acquitted at his first trial but was convicted on appeal and received a four-year suspended sentence.

While still under a Belgian home detention order which limited his movements to the street he lived on, he travelled illegally to Switzerland. The Swiss authorities refused his request for asylum due to his ongoing political activities

2001: France convicted him in absentia for "participation in a criminal group with a view to preparing terrorist acts".

During his time in Malaysia, the head of the Algerian police services visited to observe Malaysian policing methods. Zaoui believed that this was a pretext, that the real reason was his presence in Malaysia, and that the Malaysian authorities were preparing to detain him.

2002: He illegally arrived in New Zealand via Vietnam on a false South African passport where in transport he destroyed that passport.

On that alone I wouldn't let him stay, regardless.

Guest Ken

Okay, again, lets go back to my other post, put our SIS aside and look at some facts:

1994: Belgium charged him with being "the instigator or the head of a criminal organisation" and two charges of using false passports. He was acquitted at his first trial but was convicted on appeal and received a four-year suspended sentence.

While still under a Belgian home detention order which limited his movements to the street he lived on, he travelled illegally to Switzerland. The Swiss authorities refused his request for asylum due to his ongoing political activities

2001: France convicted him in absentia for "participation in a criminal group with a view to preparing terrorist acts".

During his time in Malaysia, the head of the Algerian police services visited to observe Malaysian policing methods. Zaoui believed that this was a pretext, that the real reason was his presence in Malaysia, and that the Malaysian authorities were preparing to detain him.

2002: He illegally arrived in New Zealand via Vietnam on a false South African passport where in transport he destroyed that passport.

On that alone I wouldn't let him stay, regardless.

Ah - A well-measured, logical reply at last! To all of you who have sunk to personal insults, citing racism, bigotry etc, has it not occurred to you that many of us object to the illicit activities of this fellow, particularly when used to gain entry to our fair shores?

To augment Carl's statement... "On that alone I wouldn't let him stay, regardless."

Deport his ass.

Making the rest of us Camel riders look bad

bahaha

Good to see tolerance is alive and well.

The Chinese goverment will call you a criminal too if you disagree with them.

Is the head of a criminal organisation a political party that doesn't agree with the despot goverment?

Who knows? When did you all start trusting the Politicians? Intelligence services then? Haha, very funny.

He can stay and get a job IMO.

^^ yes but is he going to work and be productive? enough to make up for $3mill of NZ taxpayers money (which is your money i may add, money that could be spent on schools for your kids, better quality of hospitals, better public transport..all things NZ needs)?

im not being bigoted or racist, i havent mentioned what sort of race he is, nor care. the actions he has taken are far more relevant. and now NZ runs the risk of becoming a safe haven for terrorists or even just slightly dodgy people. great! bet the first terrorist incident that happens in NZ may make you change your mind on tolerance

im not being bigoted or racist, i havent mentioned what sort of race he is, nor care. the actions he has taken are far more relevant. and now NZ runs the risk of becoming a safe haven for terrorists or even just slightly dodgy people. great! bet the first terrorist incident that happens in NZ may make you change your mind on tolerance

I think the first terrorist incident was about 22 years ago... Rainbow Warrior?

Guest Ken

I think the first terrorist incident was about 22 years ago... Rainbow Warrior?

Actually - might have been that bomb-blast in Wellington that took out that caretaker.