Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

I need to pixelate an area of a photo

Guys

I need to find out how to pixelate an area of a photo. I desperately want to post the R8 clips but with the PC Nazi's on our case at the moment, I don't to encriminate myself or anyone else. I have photos of the car, but want to pixelate or remove the Number plate.

How?

P.S I only have Windows Picture Manager or Picasa

Edited by StylesM5

If I have to blank or plate or whatever, I just find a colour on the plate thats close to white, then "colour" in the plate with that colour.

Any other graphic program should be able to pixelate by selecting the area though.

If I have to blank or plate or whatever, I just find a colour on the plate thats close to white, then "colour" in the plate with that colour.

Any other graphic program should be able to pixelate by selecting the area though.

Can't find that option on Picture Manager though

Just use ordinary old "Paint" under Accessories.

Cheers Ken, done. Good to see that one old buggar can teach another old bugger new tricks Ay.

Now, how to do it in the MPG files?

Edited by StylesM5

Guest Ken

Cheers Ken, done. Good to see that one old buggar can teach another old bugger new tricks Ay.

Now, how to do it in the MPG files?

Old??? You're only a kid!!! :P

There's zillions of shareware/freeware products for manipulating .mpgs - Auntie Google should provide.

Cheers

K.

I think you'll need a fairly sophisticated editing program to pixelate the number plate in a video clip as this has to be done frame by frame. Or so my brother - who works in this field - tells me....

The only easy way to do this is probably beg for another test drive of the R8 and then cover the plate before you do anything dodgy!! :D

Jock - PM andrew regarding the mpeg. He might do it for you as a favour if you buy him a beer. Don't expect him to do it any time soon - he's always crying thats he's busy.