Posted Image

Posted Image

To this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

mods done this month have been locking wheel lugs, painted rear skirt and front grilles, fitted new rear roundel, bought 15x6.5" protech wheels and fitted with bmw emblems and 205/55/R15 Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, and my clear front and side indicators arrived from the u.k. Soon on the agenda are a heat shielded pod filter and 35mm h&r lowering springs, and painting the bumpers black(er) to match.

Edited by Tomo

looking nice man, the H&R's will do it wonders!

how did you do the bmw emblems on the wheels? the wheels suit the car surprisingly well.

looking nice man, the H&R's will do it wonders!

how did you do the bmw emblems on the wheels? the wheels suit the car surprisingly well.

Thanks, yeah it is looking a bit jacked-up at the moment, just need to save up a bit more cash after forking out for the direzzas... but they're totally worth it.

The bmw emblems are an ebay purchase from thailand, just measured them and bought 50mm stick-on ones.

ah it was you I saw on symonds st about 3 days ago - 5:15ish.

Looked good.

ah it was you I saw on symonds st about 3 days ago - 5:15ish.

Looked good.

Yep that would have been me. Cheers

At last, a nice clean E30 that has been tastefully modified and in keeping with what it is. - Well done!

Thanks! i was thinking of putting 17's or something on it but with no power steer they could be a bit heavy, but im really pleased with the look of the 15's, with the bmw emblems they dont look too far from stock, tastefully modified is certainly what i was hoping for!

Despite my efforts on the cosmetics front the cops dont seem to like it too much, i was slightly speeding when he noticed me but didnt end up getting a reading, they did however pull me up on the all-red tail lamps but with an ltsa factsheet in my glovebox proving the modification's innocence i got off that one pretty easily! He was very certain they were illegal (just goes to show its a bit of a grey area) and would have green-stickered the car so let that be a word of warning / piece of advice for people doing the same!

Man he was not pleased to have nothing on me.

Edit: (oh and it was an unmarked silver vy commodore ss... im not that stupid as to miss a marked car)

Edited by Tomo

...they did however pull me up on the all-red tail lamps but with an ltsa factsheet in my glovebox proving the modification's innocence i got off that one pretty easily!...

How did you get away with that?

LTSA says "It is illegal to apply any kind of tint film, tint paint or opaque sticker to any lamp which has a function other than decoration (eg non-cosmetic)."

How did you get away with that?

LTSA says "It is illegal to apply any kind of tint film, tint paint or opaque sticker to any lamp which has a function other than decoration (eg non-cosmetic)."

it was with very well chosen words- as i say this is a bit of a grey area, my factsheet (an extract from VIRM: In-Service certification, Version 3, November 2006) states that under Land transport rule: Vehicle lighting 2004, 'Performance' section, that "a direction-indicator lamp must emit a light that is substantially: a) white or amber to the front, and b ) red or amber to the rear, and c) amber to the side."

and the factsheet has no mention of the tint film/ tint paint condition- bonus :rolleyes:

Edited by Tomo

where might I obtain this sheet... my red tails have recieved some inquiries also...

edit: lookin gud by the way, I really like it! Keep it up.

Edited by QuickSilver

where might I obtain this sheet... my red tails have recieved some inquiries also...

edit: lookin gud by the way, I really like it! Keep it up.

Thanks! the sheet is a 2mb .pdf you can download Here

The applicable page says 4-5 Direction Indicator Lamps at the top

all these factsheets for all aspects of modification and what is legal and does not require a cert. are Here and are pretty useful.

Went and saw Keith from H&R (021378902) this afternoon, definitely recommend, picked up my set of H&R 35mm lower springs so those will be going in tonight/tomorrow, will post pics.

Heres some pics of it now, lowered, unfortunately taken with my macbook's webcam as my cameras broken and dads got the digital slr. will have to do a photoshoot soon, but in the meantime, enjoy- at a decent ride height!

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats better! good height too man! looks great, all you gotta do now is update your sig ;)

Also, whered you pick up your clear side indicators from? good work!!!!

Bring back the bottlies! :D

Nah, looking good bro, I like it.

thats better! good height too man! looks great, all you gotta do now is update your sig ;)

Also, whered you pick up your clear side indicators from? good work!!!!

Thanks, i bought the clears off ebay.co.uk that was the only place i could find 'em, they cost me around $60-$70 each pair