Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

Motorsport Show

Took a visit there today, here's some of the better cars IMHO. Don't really agree with the Rota E30, but really well done.

Everyone there was super approachable, nice feeling to the whole event. Thumbs up to the organisers.

post-125-1190521144_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521151_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521159_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521168_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521178_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521187_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521193_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521201_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521208_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521219_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521226_thumb.jpg

post-125-1190521234_thumb.jpg

I went yesterday, and was a bit underwhelmed by it, to be honest. However I like the idea, and hope it keeps going, and grows.

What I did like was that a lot of the actual drivers (NZ V8, rally etc) were there, and were happy to talk to the punters.

Cheers

Grant

I went yesterday, and was a bit underwhelmed by it, to be honest. However I like the idea, and hope it keeps going, and grows.

What I did like was that a lot of the actual drivers (NZ V8, rally etc) were there, and were happy to talk to the punters.

Cheers

Grant

Yep, my sentiments exactly. Not a bad effort for first up try though. I think it will grow.

i went along today, i think it was pretty good for the first one.

I bought a few things there so for me it was really handy

Hi All, I know Keith Sharp the organiser fairy well, the problem he had was trying to get companies to either exhibit or take larger stands as it was as you say the first event. However he has booked the ASB show grounds for next year and every company that i spoke with did say they will be taking larger stands and showing more display items. I know "Superchips" were very busy as was a number of other companies. A1GP will be having a much bigger display, Andy from Race FX will have 3 stands showing his BMW M3 GTR and BMW single seater. Also being at the Show grounds more outside activities can be had such as Motorbike stunt displays etc.

Hopefully we can have a greater presence with the BMW display. Bimmersport banners, video play, a couple more of the race series cars along with drivers etc.

Apparently it does take up until the 3rd event before it really starts to take off, but rest assured next year will be even better again. The GT Radial Girls were pretty Hot, but i reckon we can do much better.... any suggestions... Dave!!:)

Surely there must be some Good looking Bimmersport members who would be happy to promote for us next year.

Just remembered Gavin from Hi velocity is taking his complete rolling road set-up next year and will be having cars every hour do a run on the rolling road, having that F40 replica or the Mclaren Race car would be a great thing to see on there. Even one or two of the BMW open series race cars would be good

Any suggestions and i would be happy to pass onto Keith.

Thanks

Mark

I completely forgot about this (apologies for not getting the footage for you!)

Work has been mental.

Anyway - it seems like a great idea and i'm sure it will kick off.