Sign in to follow this  
vanos

1996 e36 323i (jap import) gremlins......?

Gidday. The latest gremlin - all others have come and gone or are tolerable - I don't hear any pump-motor when pulling back on the wiper control arm. So no cleaning fluid to windscreen. I figure this could be a computer gremlin, would I be right? Once the aircon suddenly stopped working (while the display still worked) and without doing any repairs a week or so later it worked again, and has done ever since. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you. V.

PS. I am a new BMW owner/driver (3 months) and I love this car.

If you have a multi-meter, test the wiper pump connection and see if that's ok. It could be a clogged/dud pump or something else. When I had my Jap 323i, had a similar problem as yours and need to unclog the pump inlet.

As for the air-con, it could be the control unit in the dash. Not uncommon. If you are handy with soldering iron, there's a cheap fix that involve changing a few capacitor. Let me know if you need it.

Gidday. The latest gremlin - all others have come and gone or are tolerable - I don't hear any pump-motor when pulling back on the wiper control arm. So no cleaning fluid to windscreen. I figure this could be a computer gremlin, would I be right? Once the aircon suddenly stopped working (while the display still worked) and without doing any repairs a week or so later it worked again, and has done ever since. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you. V.

PS. I am a new BMW owner/driver (3 months) and I love this car.

probably pump motor .

i have some

Punps or control panels. I have a large selection at the best prices.

As a Bimmersport sponsor members revieve discounted prices,

Ray

0212HELLBM

Thanks guys. I have your contact info and will let the 'prob' ride, for a while, but you may hear from me when I get my A into G. Appreciate the quick response. V.

If you have a multi-meter, test the wiper pump connection and see if that's ok. It could be a clogged/dud pump or something else. When I had my Jap 323i, had a similar problem as yours and need to unclog the pump inlet.

As for the air-con, it could be the control unit in the dash. Not uncommon. If you are handy with soldering iron, there's a cheap fix that involve changing a few capacitor. Let me know if you need it.

cheers for that. I will do some checks.

My pump just died one day out of the blue, replaced it with a new one and all good again. You might want to get a new washer if you get a new one, sometimes the old one doesn't work well after being taken off, and leaks.

My pump just died one day out of the blue, replaced it with a new one and all good again. You might want to get a new washer if you get a new one, sometimes the old one doesn't work well after being taken off, and leaks.

Aye! cheers.