Sign in to follow this  
ZNeM

Gull Force 10

what will it do ????

will fuel lines leak or something

i have used it in my 92 325ci

Its still 90% petrol... can't see it being that viable unless of course its cheap.

what will it do ????

How long have you been running Force 10 and does it run well?

yes runs fine .

rated at 98 octane .

even put it in my 1986 m5 engine

what will it do ????

Yep, eat/clog older fuel lines.

Yep, eat/clog older fuel lines.

doesn't sound like fun.

bugger gull is my prefered gas station on my way to work

According to AA, if its NZ new, only 2000+ BMW models can use it.

This is actually really annouying.

There are no real facts the government have put out yet, which is pretty unacceptible really. The same feascoe happened when we had the change to unleaded fuel.

Just some cold hard facts and maybe some pre testing of effects on introducing this on older vehicles in New Zealand wouldn't go a miss.

The other thing is it doesnt help when agenda fueled (excuse the pun) NZ toyota gets up and says that it will work with toyotas models bought in NZ but if its from japan "We just dont know, but I wouldnt put it in our jap model cars". How convenient.

Essentially all e10 (bio fuel) is is 10% ethanol mixed into standard petroleum.

**EDIT

Some reports I've found of interest

http://www.transport.govt.nz/assets/NewPDF...report-v3.1.pdf

http://www.transport.govt.nz/assets/NewPDF...ocument-v10.pdf

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/ViewDocument.as...ocumentID=28365

SLowly getting through the Vehicle and Engine Risks report.

It seems to say that a lower blend than E10 (Like E3 or even E5) would be safe in almost all petrol vehicles. You could try runnign your car for a year 1x tank of regular, when half full, top up with E10, then run car till almost empty and refill with regular and repeat.

Your car would essentially have around a 3-5% blend of ethanol at any one time and after a year, if no probs, could consider upping the percentage if you were brave.

Aussie list of safe cars I'd be careful on an e30 or m20-powered e34, but e36's and m50-powered e4's and newer should be OK.

At your own risk of course.

Following the launch of E10 biofuel in New Zealand, BMW Group New Zealand issues the following statement in relation to its vehicles’ compatibility with biofuels:

•

BMW advises its customers that all BMW vehicles currently produced with a petrol engine are designed and built for use with gasoline that contains a mix of up to 10% ethanol.

•

This applies to any BMW vehicle produced from 1996 onwards.

•

Customers should avoid using E10 bioethanol in vehicles produced prior to 1996.

•

If you are unsure about the production date of your vehicle, BMW advises against using biofuels in your vehicle until the date can be confirmed.

•

Customers can contact their local authorised BMW dealership in order to confirm the production date of their vehicle and whether or not it is biofuel compatible. Please click here for a list of authorised BMW Dealers and their relevant contact details.

Edited by bravo

Its still 90% petrol... can't see it being that viable unless of course its cheap.

Yea how much is it a litre? being down in christchurch i hanvt seen any petrol stations that have it.

Well, considering that the government want to remove the tax on it and load it onto regular fuel instead, my guess is that yes, relatively, it will be cheap, and if you can't run it, the price of the other fuel will be going up.