Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Worlds best kept auto secret

post-4-1192588958_thumb.jpg

An email i was sent ... read on

"Quick question, what side of your car is your gas tank? If you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away. My solution is to uncofortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look. If you don't do this in your own car you definetly have done it in a borrowed or rental car.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you a little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the gas station or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury.

If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo above). It is that simple!

I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!

Why don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know!"

Negative - my Honda's backwards. The Japanese need to get with the programme.

WOW, nice, thanks for the info bru. I wonder if car dealers or any mechanics that now of this.... :blink: I'm gona check this on my Honda tonight.

Edited by Kpax

What about VW beetles, Fiat Bambinas and Hillman Imps, under the front bonnet. And then there's Charger's with their's in the middle at the back under the boot! HQ Holdens, behind the back number plate.

HQ Holdens, behind the back number plate.

Also older ('60s) mercedes.

consider this myth busted. all i wanted to know

this thread reminds me of my mates stories of old jag xj sedans, the symbol would need to have a nozzle on both sides as theres two tanks and filler caps (apparently back in the old days when the pumps ran slower people did that and paid for both fills!) and ya still have to fill it up as often :lol: