Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

e39 touring or X5

Im looking to get one of these instead of the 7, if anyone knows of one outside of trademe, autotrader, turners etc please let me know.

Any year of X5 is fine, and the touring needs to be 99 onwards, preferably 2001 onwards. Im not wanting to break the bank so 35k and under please. As many toys as possible and leather is a must.

Still waiting to hear from you Alex ;)

Cheers

Martyn

Im looking to get one of these instead of the 7, if anyone knows of one outside of trademe, autotrader, turners etc please let me know.

Any year of X5 is fine, and the touring needs to be 99 onwards, preferably 2001 onwards. Im not wanting to break the bank so 35k and under please. As many toys as possible and leather is a must.

Cheers

Martyn

An X5 for under $35k will be a bit hard. It amazes me how much people are still getting for X5's and E39's.

Not sure if you would look at Mercs, but there are some bargains to be had out there!

NZ New ML500

NZ New ML350 (04)

NZ New E55 Wagon

Yeah 35k for an x5 might be a bit optimistic but Ive found a couple locally that are asking 40 but prepared to negotiate so Im forever hopefull.

Ive thought about Merc's but the reality is that for the money you get a lot less of a car (no tv, no phone, no satnav etc) than the BMW's and I know the BMW's inside out (especially the m62) and there is such a good network of people on here with parts Id be stupid to get anything else really.

Saw a beautiful facelift 540i touring in Thames a while ago. NZ New and all goodies. It's a shame I didn't get the numberplate when I thought about it. :(

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn, Did you ever hear back the answer of the E39 touring with the shudder/ vibration problem?

Martynn, heres a NZ new E39 540 touring which is in silver:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-122524752.htm

Its got sunroof, fBMWsh, style 5 wheels!!

If your looking to sell your Mpars if you go for a X5, I sold 2 set of them in the past 4 months and got $4000 - $5000 for used sets :-)

But your Mpars will look nice with this touring with a facelift too off course

If you buy the touring, Can I buy the wheels when you put the Mpars on it.

Martynn, heres a NZ new E39 540 touring which is in silver:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-122524752.htm

Its got sunroof, fBMWsh, style 5 wheels!!

If your looking to sell your Mpars if you go for a X5, I sold 2 set of them in the past 4 months and got $4000 - $5000 for used sets :-)

But your Mpars will look nice with this touring with a facelift too off course

If you buy the touring, Can I buy the wheels when you put the Mpars on it.

Im trying to send you a PM mate, but it tells me your account is full !

Yeah, Ive been watching TM like a hawk the last couple of weeks, which is why I asked if anyone knew of any outside of TM and turners etc ;)

The 530 looks just the ticket but I dont know how happy I am to get all the way to Auckland, then haggle about how much my 740 is worth and hope to drive it straight back down again. Plus it looks like the kind of colour that you really have to see in the flesh to know whether you like it or not !

I also dont like the idea of spending 35k on a car after only a short drive around somewhere I dont know.

...then haggle about how much my 740 is worth...

Have you tried selling it privately? I would highly recommend this.

Your car will have a fixed value as a trade in. Any more they give you is just another form of discount. I.e on a $35k car, your car (for arguments sake) could be $10k as a trade. Say they give you $13k, it makes $22k the difference. I guarantee if you were to buy the car with no trade, you would get that same $3k off the window price.

Have you tried selling it privately? I would highly recommend this.

Its on trademe at the moment, but so far Ive only had two muppets offering me 8k.

I guarantee if you were to buy the car with no trade, you would get that same $3k off the window price.

Absolutely, Ive never traded a car before (always sold privately) and Ive never paid full price before either, but at this particular time I need a quick turnaround and Im willing to pay a slight premium to get it. Unfortunately there is just nothing in Wellington at the moment.

A trip to Auckland appears to be the only option.

Its on trademe at the moment, but so far Ive only had two muppets offering me 8k.

Looks like a really nice car. What are you hoping to get for it?

The disappointing thing is that the kms will sought of kill it in terms of price and desirability. I had the same problem when trying to sell my mint NZ New 95 325i last year, travelled 194kms. Had to let it go for $5200 in the end when people were still getting $9k+ for examples travelled 100kms.

Edited by JJS

I was hoping to get anything above 12k, but it looks like Ill be lucky to get 10 at the moment.

Yes the kms are high but this has had new cats, new ICV, new rocker cover gaskets, anything that goes wrong on these engines has been replaced already. It will easily do another 200k no problem.

I just cant believe that people would rather have some half knackered holden over one of these.

Martyn, Did you ever hear back the answer of the E39 touring with the shudder/ vibration problem?

Sort of, he claimed it was just an unbalanced wheel and said they would get it fixed so I could drive it again. A week later and I hadnt heard so I rang and he said they handt had time to sort it. Another week went by and I said once it was sorted we would probably buy it.

He rang me three days later to say they had sold it to someone else.

Sort of, he claimed it was just an unbalanced wheel and said they would get it fixed so I could drive it again. A week later and I hadnt heard so I rang and he said they handt had time to sort it. Another week went by and I said once it was sorted we would probably buy it.

that would piss me off.Might be also codespeak for he offered more than you....

Sounds a little suss to me - without giving you first option?? Did he infact fix it?

As for E39 Touring - probably requires a trip to Auckland - car choice is pretty much proportional to the population base.

Have you searched BMW's website?

Check this out hmmmm, nice

Although this one won't qualify for BMW Premium Selection (too old), I bet this is a NZ new example which beats imported one any day. FSH anyone?

Gosh, good value for money!

Good luck!

Have you searched BMW's website?

Yeah I saw that one too, unfortunately a combination of being out of budget and having the most horrible dash in the world made me pass anything else it had to offer !

I wouldnt mind the green and tan, although its not my number one choice and the 4.4 is very tempting, but I saw that colour combination (with dash) in several 7's when I bought my e38 and in the flesh its just nasty.....my opinion only of course !

Ive just spoken to the dealer with the blue touring on TM and he tells me it has cloth sports seats. Now Ive never seen a car with this kind of spec having cloth seats. My expectation would be that they are not cloth but suede which Ive seen in e39's with sports seats.

The guy didnt appear to know too much about the car but is sending me some more photos, in the meantime has anyone seen cloth sports seats ?

The interior is also blue which is interesting !

proper m cars have cloth rather than leather......leather lets you slide around too much.I agree on the 540 too Martyn,I dont know why but i absolutely loath that beige/tan/whatever leather.May not actually be cloth as you say.If thats the case might be cloth/"suede"

Probably prohibitively expensive Martyn, but send the 7 to a coach-builder and make yourself a one-off 740i Touring!

I had wondered if you could fit a 5 tourings rear seats into the 7 because thats the problem at the moment, the seats dont allow our kids to get in properly with the assorted car seats that we need.

A 740 touring would be the nuts though.

The guy selling this 740i would let it go for 8k..less k's but it is only a 1995.

Bit of a price comparison for ya.

Link Here

I assume this one is yours? nice and tidy.