Sign in to follow this  
Hi-Tek

My Lachsilber 1989 E30 M3

Hey guys and girls,

Flew down to Wellington yesterday and picked this up from Liam (chompa) on these forums.

It's a 1989 E30 M3, in need of some TLC but the body is really straight and there's no rust that I can find.

It has M3 Evo seats in the front which is a bonus

So you'll all be seeing me around a bit more now that I've switched from Ford RS Cosworth to BMW ownership :)

ps. Anyone want to buy a mint 1988 Sierra RS Cosworth (see my sig ) :unsure:

*hopefully the pics work*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-840-1193614761_thumb.jpg

post-840-1193614771_thumb.jpg

post-840-1193614784_thumb.jpg

post-840-1193614793_thumb.jpg

post-840-1193614800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hi-Tek

Looking good mate, cant wait to see that out on on the roads up here.

Would have been a drive and a half bringing that up from Welly on the trailer..

Aza

pics fixed :)

Cheers smart arse :P

Josh (hybrid) was the one who convinced me that buying the E30 M3 was a good idea. let's hope he's right :)

Cheers Aza,

It's still in Wellington now mate, I opted for the easy option and flew down and back yesterday.

I've been on the phone all morning trying to organize a transporter to bring it up to me in Central Auckland.

It's been a bit of a mission as most Car Transporter outfits won't haul anything lower than 150mm ( I've had a friend in Wellington measure it and it's bang on 150mm so fingers crossed).

I've had to sort out insurance for it also which was a bit of a hassle, I ended up going with Classic Car Insurance who will cover it only when it's not under its own power (ie. on a trailer/transporter or sitting in the garage)

But it's only $147.20 per year so I'm happy about that....

Edited by Hi-Tek

I'm still unsure about the wheels.

Currently it's sitting on MK Motorsport wheels,

Fronts are 17 x 8" Et 15 with 215/40R17 Bridgestone Potenzas

Rears are 17 x 9" Et 24 with 235/40R17 Bridgestone Potenzas

I love the BBS LMs with the silver dish and black centres.

Do any of you lads know if I could squeeze wider tyres on the back or would I end up with rubbing issues etc?

Badass Ollie looks tuff.

Im liking the wheels.

Hope to see it on a run.

1989? is that registerable?

looks good, looking forward to hearing your progress

got any big plans?

how much for the cossie?

Edited by The Gus

Do any of you lads know if I could squeeze wider tyres on the back or would I end up with rubbing issues etc?

9.5 et12 and 8.5 et20 fronts wheels ...

1989? is that registerable?

looks good, looking forward to hearing your progress

Laws changing next year, e30 m3's are being classed as a classic car and will be excempt. Cogs are turning in the government .. just slowly ... will come into effect next year

I'm still unsure about the wheels.

Currently it's sitting on MK Motorsport wheels,

Fronts are 17 x 8" Et 15 with 215/40R17 Bridgestone Potenzas

Rears are 17 x 9" Et 24 with 235/40R17 Bridgestone Potenzas

I love the BBS LMs with the silver dish and black centres.

i like the MK wheels .

i have some on my e36 coupe .

9.5 et12 and 8.5 et20 fronts wheels ...

Laws changing next year, e30 m3's are being classed as a classic car and will be excempt. Cogs are turning in the government .. just slowly ... will come into effect next year

So once that law comes in the price for e30 m3's is likely to rise considerably?

oohh i like it.

LM's would look badass on it too

Guest Rick James

So once that law comes in the price for e30 m3's is likely to rise considerably?

Drop more likely, as the market will have the potential for floodage (Is that a word?)

Get some dealer plates and drive the bastard up! One hot sexy bastard that is.

Did she purr?

engine bay pics please ? looks so so mint, i reckon those wheels with black centres and polished lip and 25mm spacers would look hot!

Hey Ollie,

Nice purchase!!! See you bought the M3 off my mate Liam.. Haha, I used to drool over it everytime I was over at his place!!! (argh, i haven't seen my e30M3 in over 1yr). You won't regret the purchase.. :)

I heard that you a little taste of how powerfull they are in the high rev range :) They sound soo hot when you get them over 4000k revs. Nothing beats the s14 at 130kpm in 2nd gear :D

Sorry i wasn't in town when you came over on Sunday otherwise would ova to say hi.. think i was talking to you re: haydens RS2000.. which i'm still kinda keen on.

Just a little info from what I've heard, having talked with the LTSA..

I don't think the market on e30M3's will flood given that:

A) There will probably be a limit applied on how many LHD cars that can be registered under the proposed law change.

B) More than likely you won't be able on-sell the car for at leasr 1-2yrs (to prevent buyers bringing them in and selling them).. But then again who would want to sell an e30M3 :D :D

C) You can probably only bring in, and register, a LHD under this law change once every 5yrs+

IMO the price will increase on LDH e30m3's as being OEM LHD they won't have to be changed to RHD to comply. So will retain the original steering rack, fire wall, steering box, dash.

Even though you can fit the stock e30 RHD dash, you would have to use an e36 M3 or Z3 steering rack on a RHD e30M3, unless you want s**t steering.

@ Ollie

If you are keen on some GENUINE e30M3 BBS wheels i'd be keen on a swap + some cash your way. I'm putting Toyo R555's 205/55/15's onto my e30 m3 15's BBS rims. From what i remember they were in pretty good condition.

I was going to get some 17' BBS RS's wheels but sorta liked the rims on this e30M3.

PM me if you're keen. (i'll have my car back in Nov so can swap then).

Cheers,

Laurence.

Congrats on the purchase, love how the car looks!

Will car transporters still impose the 150mm on it even if it's being transported as an 'immobile' vehicle?

That is wicked. I am so getting an E30 M3 after my IS.