Sign in to follow this  
Gus

e30 325i Motorsport debate (Also MTech 1 vs Mtech 2)

So whats a E30 323i Sport?

Poor mans M325? (poor mans M3!) Its refered to in a few websites. Im assuming it isnt actually a BMW model, in the same way a M325 car isnt a model but a collection of options boxes ticked. Maybe its a dealer thing?

Why are they all 2 doors? Surely a 4 door with all the right options ticked is an M325/Sport then, or are they actually factory/dealer agreed models ie "you can sell only "this" as a sport/Mtech car"

My car was registered as a 323i Sport in the UK in 1985 (UK import) But is a straight 323 on the NZ rego.

AFAIK it came with Tech 1 kit, M badges (they look 25 years old!), No air con, no p/s, M325 suspension (bigger sway bars etc), 15" basket weaves, Open 3.23 diff, poverty pack interior, 5 speed getrag 260. Does have random other options (heated window squirters etc)

Comparing all the 323i "sports" online, there is only one common thing between them all. 2 door and M325 suspension, and rumours of a different cam ;)

Edited by Jacko

Get a dealer to run your vin for a build sheet & all will be revealed. The nice ones wont charge you lol.

Or if youre real lucky look under the rear seat-the build sheets are tucked in there from factory-hope u read German

Edited by 1rotty