Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

orig' E30 head unit

Getting kind of sick of my head unit now and the fact it has too many colours in the display (Red, white, blue) So thinking of just getting a orignal E30 head unit with CD stacker for the boot. I dont know if facelifts came with different head units to pre fl but I'd perfer one that would be the same as what would have orignally been in my car.

It would obviously need its code thing so I can use it and genral stuff I need to make it work.

So if you have what im after or know anyone that does let me know, and I will be selling my Blaupunkt one once I get its replacement :)

Getting kind of sick of my head unit now and the fact it has too many colours in the display (Red, white, blue) So thinking of just getting a orignal E30 head unit with CD stacker for the boot. I dont know if facelifts came with different head units to pre fl but I'd perfer one that would be the same as what would have orignally been in my car.

It would obviously need its code thing so I can use it and genral stuff I need to make it work.

So if you have what im after or know anyone that does let me know, and I will be selling my Blaupunkt one once I get its replacement :)

Hey Ryan,

I've got one from a FL that had the factory amp etc with the steel bar that came up to I guess stop buttons from accidently being pressed. I have a sneaky suspicion I forgot to keep the loom plug for it them :/ Old school tape deck HU. But could utilise the factory blue CD stacker cable, and would run off the amp located under the ECU.

Che

i have one if you want it.

Hey do you know how much the business cd player is? I have a sony out of the iS which i maaaay replace

Hey do you know how much the business cd player is? I have a sony out of the iS which i maaaay replace

Dealers will charge you and arm and a leg. Best bet is eBay

One like this... anyone?

You should try ringin a few car stereo places. They would surely have some that a E30 owner didn't want after upgrading their stereo system. Worth bugger all now!

Wouldnt have a clue aye, They are quite desirable though so Ive heard. So comming across one might bea bit of a rarity.

JJS- Yeah going to try those kinda places, I'll ask at work tommorow though mostly just out of pure curiousity.. Brand new OEM deck would be cool