Sign in to follow this  
Tomo

A photo for my collection

Pedants.

Posted Image

Thats "61" in a 50... and to boot my mum got an identical (61kph) ticket off the same camera 1 1/2 hours before. it was placed on a downhill in a barely built industrial area and had parked the van in front of a truck... if it was for more than $80 id be contesting it but cant be bothered. They should put the cameras near schools though, not arterial routes with less hazards.

not happy <_<

Wheres the flying bird?

Pedants.

Posted Image

Thats "61" in a 50... and to boot my mum got an identical (61kph) ticket off the same camera 1 1/2 hours before. it was placed on a downhill in a barely built industrial area and had parked the van in front of a truck... if it was for more than $80 id be contesting it but cant be bothered. They should put the cameras near schools though, not arterial routes with less hazards.

not happy <_<

contesting what? you got snapped speeding... lesson: speed cameras are sneaky..dont speed, if you do and get caught dont complain

Edited by 328imobbin

contesting what? you got snapped speeding... lesson: speed cameras are sneaky..dont speed

and i guess you maintain absolutely no more than 50kph downhill at all times? i guess i shifted into 4th and let it roll away on the downhill, a little foolish but had the camera van not been there it would have been of absolutely no consequence... i certainly wasnt intentionally speeding, i was too busy scanning the environment... :wacko: and identical tickets is a little weird in my books its like the camera was rounding up or something.

oh and never had so much as a parking ticket in my life, this is my first offence

If you make it your last, you'll be a hero. :D

I got a 61 in a 50 a few years back. Was slowing down coming into a town from 100kph. My mum also got done by the same camera on the same day for 64.

Just a good way for them to make money. God I am glad we dont have as many as the UK. Its a joke over there.

I reckon I got one the other day, was passing a truck before Kopu on the straights, pulled in in front of the truck to see the dreaded plain van (dark green one) with a camera pointing at me. Touched the brakes but not enough.

It will be big cause I'm safe to say the truck was doing the speed limit and some <_<

I feel for you man, last week i got a speeding ticket ( pulled over ) for doing 114kmh in a 100k area, $80 fine, then this week a stupid camera van got me for 67k at 10pm at night in a 50k area, another $120. Now im not blaming anyone, and i accept these are my fault. But FFS, never had a speeding fine in my life, then 2 in 2 weeks!!! FARRRRK!>!>!>!>!1111

I feel for you man, last week i got a speeding ticket ( pulled over ) for doing 114kmh in a 100k area, $80 fine, then this week a stupid camera van got me for 67k at 10pm at night in a 50k area, another $120. Now im not blaming anyone, and i accept these are my fault. But FFS, never had a speeding fine in my life, then 2 in 2 weeks!!! FARRRRK!>!>!>!>!1111

When I was as naive, I got zapped by the same camera once a day, for three days. Brilliant when the letters came in each day a week or two later. Week before I got pinged for a red-light too. That was pivital in my driving, and since will only speed when I know there are no cameras around (JK).

My girlfreind got a ticket for doing 108 on the way to taupo over xmas/new years...

It's only a ticket man, at least you don't get demerit points since it was a camera.

But i agree they are sneaky pricks and and can be frustrating.

There is an easy fix to stop getting speed camera fines, its called a MASSIVE TURBO. If you manage to hit like 400kmh maybe the camera wont be fast to get ya? I seen it on Top Gear, forgot if it worked or not =P

There is an easy fix to stop getting speed camera fines, its called a MASSIVE TURBO. If you manage to hit like 400kmh maybe the camera wont be fast to get ya? I seen it on Top Gear, forgot if it worked or not =P

Yeap I just watched that episode. 170mph in a tvr to avoid the camera seeing you... http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/1/1/

Never had a ticket :rolleyes:

How long have you been driving? :) There's a kid in my class (16 years old) who's going to court on Tuesday as he has collected $450 in fines in 6 months, and is pending a license suspension. Oh, and "daddy pays the fines" - he's a rich asian kid.

Since when did u get ur restricted boy?

At least u didnt get snapped for parking in a residents park.

Or even better $280 in parking fines for one day - Chick at my school.

Pedants.

Posted Image

not happy <_<

So what? You were speeding!

Man when i win lotto, im gonna get a massive chevy v8, shove it in my e30, and wheel spin past a speed camera in a 50k area at 80k smoking up the rear tyres, just for the photo to hang on my wall. Good times.

Since when did u get ur restricted boy?

At least u didnt get snapped for parking in a residents park.

Or even better $280 in parking fines for one day - Chick at my school.

Got it agers ago...