Sign in to follow this  
MR_SAZ

HALTECH E11v2 EMS for S50B30

Hey guys Haltech Australia is now undertaking the task of getting the E11v2 to run my S50B30!!

In the past it hasnt really been too clear if HALTECH EMS could run the S50, most people going for MOTEC or AUTRONICS SM4 to name a few...

So the Haltech crew should be having base maps and full support for the S50 engine!! Haltech is an awesome EMS and i cant wait to see the final product. ...Its my car Their playing with....

So if ur interested in its progress or have some input to help maximse / optimise this combination please visit http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1645 and post any info that could help out the community produce yet another EMS to better run our S50's

thanks guys

sash

Guest Rick James

Full VANOS functionality?

Have you aussie boys ordered your massive kits yet?

Full VANOS functionality?

Have you aussie boys ordered your massive kits yet?

lol Massive kits??

nahh man my car is over at Haltech at the moment ...E30 S50B30, i modified the air intake, headers exhaust and injectors, so i needed a tune.... i wanted Autronic SM4 ...but my tuner convinced me of HALTECH E11v2...so i put my trust in him....fingers crossed...

If it works out....it may be the biggest seller haltech would have put out and proven... i just hope they dont blow anything up!!!

Keep u all posted ... or visit haltech homepage, go forums, E11, u`ll see it there trust me!

sash

seems as s50b3X engines / cars become more affordible the support for mid range ECU's seems to be there.

Good to see.. its taken far too long really.

I feel sorry for the jappas really about to find out how euro tuning down under brings the noise :D...

This sort of talk pretty much convinces me to go for a non evo m3.

A non evo with an ecu upgrade would go way harder and for less cashola.

This sort of talk pretty much convinces me to go for a non evo m3.

A non evo with an ecu upgrade would go way harder and for less cashola.

If you're replacing the ECU then the you are losing out by getting the non-evo.

The difference's to the evo engine over the non evo engine are as follows:

Increased compression ratio to 11.3:1 (from 10.8:1)

Double VANOS continuously variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust strokes (as opposed to Single Vanos on the intake only)

Lightweight pistons

Improved dual-mass flywheel

Graphite-coated conrods

Larger inlet valves

More efficient intake and exhaust systems

Second oil pump

And of course not forgetting the Torque and Power increases - from 286 hp at 7,000 rpm to 321 hp at 7,400 rpm and from 236 lb/ft at 3,600 rpm to 258 lb/ft at 3,250 rpm.

Its all wins really. You still need an ecu that handles vanos to run the non-evo engine.

interestingly though, a lot of the UK evo guys seem to have trouble making quoted power...apparently quite common for them both to be around the same power, esp if the 3.0 has a couple of mods.

having a 6speed box would sure help i imagine!

and, both cars seem to be around similar prices over here.

interestingly though, a lot of the UK evo guys seem to have trouble making quoted power...apparently quite common for them both to be around the same power, esp if the 3.0 has a couple of mods.

They will be suffering from the same problem mine does sometimes.

It takes a good 30mins for hard driving for my car to come back up from "around town" fuel maps to "bawls out" fuel maps.

common problem with learning ECUs

is the 3.0l a learning type as well?

because my car seems to go a fair bit harder after a good flogging