Sign in to follow this  
charlie01

want to go low az!! with good handling

Hey guys, i am thinking of getting jamex superlows and compressing the back 4cm with short sports shocks..

will this be safe and probably captive?

does compressing f*%k the springs?

where on earth can i get coilovers?

thanks heaps

Hey man, I just got adjusties from NZKW in the city for my e39 and I no he can order in adjusties for e36's aswell and he has really good prices I paid 1400 for mine.

But heres the link for their site http://www.nzkw.com/suspension/ and Ive seen them somewhere but cant remember where, but you can get an adjustable spring setup for the back of them aswell. I dont really no how they work at all. You could always give the guy at NZKW a call and see if he can order them in.

Hi, I put super low king springs in my e36 318is. Looked really good but was totally inpractable! Couldnt get over judder bars, driveways etc not to mention failing the wof because it was about 60mm off the ground and the rear springs were not held captive. I have since put low king springs in it, passed the wof (90mm and the rears are captive. IMO if you dont want to fail a wof or cringe every time you scrape the entire underside of your car dont do go too low :) Goodluck

"Low az" and good handling shouldn't be said in the same sentence.

No they won't be captive and don't bother compressing superlows,just compress your factory ones.

Can suss an ol' mate who will shorten your shocks for 50 a pair if you take them out and give them to him...which will evidently make it handle even worse.

Use the "search" function, there is at least 2-3 current topics on this at the moment, all more or less saying the same thing.

be wary of going too low. A mate of mine had an E46 coupe and wanted to go stupidly low. He ended up with a $6k bill to pay because by going extremely low he put too much stress on the rear subframe and ended up ripping the bushings out of the floorplan!!

Is there anyway we can ban people who ask these SAME questions 5 times a week?

Surely we can ask a question on registration:

True or False; Can a super low car have super dober handling with cheap Jamex springs?

Everyone wants to get low for summer cruising.

Cruising gonna be bouncy for some :D haha

Everyone wants to get low for summer cruising.

Cruising gonna be bouncy for some :D haha

So you can "Pull the Hoes"? :lol:

tis all about the skirt. dunno why they just dont get an mitsi evo, i'm sure blondes come factory fitted

So you can "Pull the Hoes"? :lol:

Pretty much.

Nothing better than skum central titty flashing hahah

Pretty much.

Nothing better than skum central titty flashing hahah

Haha, Fair Enough Bro.At least your honest about it!

Cut the springs bro. mint as. and just install super stiff short shocks.

actually don't you'd be a risk on nz roads! they are so bad. adjustable setup, less mucking round and you can do what you like then. d2's.

Edited by Chris C

My 2 cents worth here and I'm not trying to stirr it up

But shouldnt you all be talking about going low and staying safe ??

You guys have nice cars that you worked hard for....looking "cool" is fine...but do it properly

Get the right advise from people in the industry....not "mate's"

I know it costs to do it properly, but thats wot you should be doing

Decide wot you want to do, see if its legal, safe, get the right advise, and then go shopping

100mm is the legal limit....without a cert

Done properly, you can get a cert for a lower car......mine is certified at 70mm

We have sponsors in here that can help you and give you the right advise... TALK TO THEM !!!

We have Keith @ H&R springs..he does coil overs too Ph. 021378902

Chris @ Suspension Tech Ph. 2731232 or 0272145325

And for wheels & tyres talk to our new sponsors Mag & Tyres Direct

There are many others in here too that have gone down that road, and done it properly

My advise would be:

Dont cut, grind, compress, remove or heat anything

Buy good gear and do it right.... your car, your life or someone elses may depend on it

PLEASE PLAY SAFE

Glenn

Hopefully my piss take wasnt taken with all seriousness. Nice one Glenn you are right.

Is there anyway we can ban people who ask these SAME questions 5 times a week?

Surely we can ask a question on registration:

True or False; Can a super low car have super dober handling with cheap Jamex springs?

I'm with you on this one - it doesnt seem to matter how much "sensible" advice is thrown at some of these guys they just want low low low!

Some of the stupidity and ignorance I have seen on this board over the last week or two regarding low cars, certification and whether they will get insurance etc is unbelievable. Maybe a sticky thread or Q&A written on lowering might be useful to avoid the same questions being asked?

Edited by ducatiss

My 2 cents worth here and I'm not trying to stirr it up

But shouldnt you all be talking about going low and staying safe ??

You guys have nice cars that you worked hard for....looking "cool" is fine...but do it properly

Get the right advise from people in the industry....not "mate's"

I know it costs to do it properly, but thats wot you should be doing

Decide wot you want to do, see if its legal, safe, get the right advise, and then go shopping

100mm is the legal limit....without a cert

Done properly, you can get a cert for a lower car......mine is certified at 70mm

We have sponsors in here that can help you and give you the right advise... TALK TO THEM !!!

We have Keith @ H&R springs..he does coil overs too Ph. 021378902

Chris @ Suspension Tech Ph. 2731232 or 0272145325

And for wheels & tyres talk to our new sponsors Mag & Tyres Direct

There are many others in here too that have gone down that road, and done it properly

My advise would be:

Dont cut, grind, compress, remove or heat anything

Buy good gear and do it right.... your car, your life or someone elses may depend on it

PLEASE PLAY SAFE

Glenn

Thank you Glenn

Listen to someone with experience.

You CAN have a low car that CAN handle fairly decent.

Just do it properly.

Trust me its worth it.

Guest 540Si

I still can't get people that want to scrape the tarmac and expect to have good handling!

If it rub when you turn = bad :D :D

to be honest evn the ones that don't lower cars to the max or below, bet they are still not safe on the roads with the speeds they would get upto. haha.

just what i think but yeah its true about the rest but yeah

cheers

Edited by e30

"Low az" and good handling shouldn't be said in the same sentence.

Too true - the 'low az' look serves no purpose but fashion.

interesting conversation,

What i basically mean is i want some good springs that with good shocks will sit the car nicely and also handle well. i see many 3 series with superlow jamex and the back is still a lot higher than the front, if they both lined up things would look good. In time the money is there to do things right, Im after suggestions from people who have been down this road and know what works best in this car. trust me i am also as against cut springs and scraping like all of you. i thing "low az" has been taken the wrong way, of course safety is of a higher priority.

cheers.