Sign in to follow this  
isnowi

E36 Diamond-schwarz coupe

Cheers man, you could tell it was an M coupe having the little side thingys blue.

Update on subbox progress.

Have finished the back of the box confirmed approx 17L capacity with the sub mounted, and have wrapped the rest of the form in polar fleece ready to resin and glass it.

pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers, Dan

Update on subbox progress.

Have finished the back of the box confirmed approx 17L capacity with the sub mounted, and have wrapped the rest of the form in polar fleece ready to resin and glass it.

Cheers, Dan

Looking good!

First bit of glass, ran out of resin so only a half layer.

Posted Image

I may look seriously at taking a mold of this one and making a few more up, they would be much the same as this one but the sub cutout would be a generic 10" one, (no holes drilled) i will see how the carpeting goes on this one before i make the call on whether the sub ring would be rounded like this one.

Just gauging interest in them, obviously it's difficult to tell from these shots how well it'll turn out.

I would probably look at pricing them between $300 -$400, depends on material cost really.

Cheers, Dan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In and running, no finetuning yet, has a bit of a resonance that will need looking at, hopefully a little bit of sound deadening in the box should sort it. Sounds nice in the lower frequencies, a little boomy up higher.

Plan to put a grill on?

Not too sure yet, was thinking of making a stainless jobbie in the shape of the infinity logo, but i'm kinda liking the minimalist look at the mo. It really depends on how careful her upstairs is with her shopping bags :D

Cheers, Dan

Looks really good Dan, well done.