Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Bilstein Sport Shocks

Hi All

I am getting more and more people asking if I can bring back Bilstein Sport Shocks from the USA when I am over there in September.

This is a bit unrealistic due to weight restrictions, import duty etc, so I propose the following:

I will investigate the importing of them into NZ (rather than me physically bringing them back), and see what kind of deal I can organise (including duty, freight etc).

Who would be interested?

Prices here are around $1,100 for them, I will try to get these here for around $800.

Cheers

Hopefully after September that won't be an issue. Getting anything shipped from the states should be a piece of cake.

Cheers

was looking on bavauto.com

they have bilstein shocks on sale at the mo.

set of four for sport shocks total is about $US370 works out to be $NZ584

no more 666 posts :(

Yeah, I have emailed them, and shox.com as well.

I will let you know the outcome.

Cheers

Guest Andrew

don't forget to add 150 USD for shipping Tim - thats why I didn't bring them over.

Also be weary of the different size of shock mounts etc etc - I had the wrong size for my car - but since I got them from NZ I could just swap them. Also be weary of warantee claims.

hmm sounds good..keep us in the loop

if your gonna work on a deal id be keen to go in..

are you thinking of getting some other stuff brought in..me wants an exaust(and a few other bits n pieces)from the states..but cost too much to ship..if there was a container of something being organised...well homy could be VERY interested..VERY!!!

A bimmersport container? That just sounds crazy.

You'd have to have everything forwarded to some shipping company or something, and even then thats gonna cost money coz america is so huge (youd have to make all the purchases in one state to minimise cost)

Yes, a container load may be a tad optimistic.

Cheers

Guest Speedye30

Nice to see you guys are thinking big though :thumb: this might not be a stupid idea in the future.

Q: What's so good about Bilstein shocks??? :unsure:

The fact that they are much better than the stock ones. Either the Bilstein Sports or the Koni Sports seem to be the way to go, especially if you are going to change the stock springs to stiffer ones.

Decent shocks and stiffer springs will greatly enhance the handling of your Bimmer (but make the ride a bit firmer).

Cheers

Guest Zwilling

The fact that they are much better than the stock ones. Either the Bilstein Sports or the Koni Sports seem to be the way to go, especially if you are going to change the stock springs to stiffer ones.

Decent shocks and stiffer springs will greatly enhance the handling of your Bimmer (but make the ride a bit firmer).

So if I have Koni shocks I shouldn't need be envious of Bilstein shocks???

Definately not.

you need your konis taken from you by force :ph34r:

koni pwn.

are they yellows?

Guest Zwilling

are they yellows?

Yip, i've only just realised how they can be so easily adjusted from within the engine bay, doh

carl....your a skank

a filthy filthy skank

Guest Zwilling

carl....your a skank

a filthy filthy skank

Huh??? What brought that on???

konis!

Guest Zwilling

carl....your a skank

a filthy filthy skank

Huh??? What brought that on???

Oh, I see, it's the hairy green eyed monster... :pimp:

I'm also keen on the shocks. How much different over standard do you reckon it will make, bearing in mind that I got lower and stiffer springs?

Zwilling- who did you get your konis off? Can I ask how much?

Guest Zwilling

Zwilling- who did you get your konis off? Can I ask how much?

Hahaha, don't know if I should say this as Gus will call me a whore :lol: I got the konis and jamex springs off Glenn for a very smart price of $700 and they certainly are worth it, i've only had the stuff on for a week and already my car's been doing twice the suggested speed around some corners and if it weren't for some nasty understeer (inclemental weather) i'd be doing more B)

Sign in to follow this