Sign in to follow this  
bradc

The 850CSi is home

Can't drive it yet, took it from the compliance centre over xmas to get the front bumper off to take it to a panel beaters, and to give it a damned good clean on the inside.

It is without doubt the best sounding car I've ever heard, and you just can't beat the way that revving it up from idle twists the entire car with the torque from the engine.

I'll do an oil change and other various things too if I get the time. Might even take the intake manifolds off and get them pro-coated or something. They look terrible! And I've decided to keep the wheels, I've got a set of 235/45/17's for the front already, pity they don't make GSD3's in 265/40/17 for the back so I can have a matching set. Might need to go with FK452's or T1R's

post-2291-1198216403_thumb.jpg

post-2291-1198216480_thumb.jpg

post-2291-1198216566_thumb.jpg

post-2291-1198216635_thumb.jpg

post-2291-1198216703_thumb.jpg

I think the word wicked pretty much sums up your car. Keep us posted.

What a beast! This is what the first E31 should have been, not just a stock 5ltr.

Congrats on a fine machine.

Cain - nope! I'll be in Melbourne!

The intake manifolds aren't that bad, but they are going to be impossible to clean properly when they are still attached to the engine. Might as well do a proper job of it I think.

Just spent nearly an hour removing the batteries, damn those Germans had a sense of humour when putting the car together, they never intended anyone in NZ to try and pull it apart 15 years later :)

awesome!

got a video of it so we can hear the engine?

yeah seen that video :) The other cars he mentions at the end are a lot more expensive than the bmw now. Depreciation is awesome :D

Some XXX rated hardcore stuff going on there.

Mad props for being different mate, I like.

you're welcome anytime James. Matt + Tara + Bailey will be coming out in the new year, probably on the 6th, can you come out then?

you're welcome anytime James. Matt + Tara + Bailey will be coming out in the new year, probably on the 6th, can you come out then?

Ill give you the heads up...later in time but I might not be able to do Sundays as I am doing Sunday shifts for BMW...damn it!

Thats a keeper. I can understand the need to do it up. What a project - DAMN!

Hello,

Congratulations, that's a very nice car!

I am also the owner of a 1996 Technoviolett 850CSI. There are some pics if you click in the link on my signature.

What color is yours?

Post some more pics if you can :)

P.S.: Your wheels seem to be mounted on the wrong side (they should turn the other way to cool the brakes).

Regards,

Edited by ///M Alx

Hi, yes I 'know' you, I've seen your posts on other forums, with your 007 number plate and those stunning M-Parallel wheels.

I prefer my interior though, mostly black with white leather! I'm not so keen on the purple in your car :)

Your car is an absolute stunner. Mine has done a lot of miles and isn't in the greatest condition. I've already got the bumper off and it is going into a panel shop to be repainted. The colour of mine is Daytona Violet, 28 850CSi's had that colour, only 2 RHD's in that colour and mine was the only RHD with the Lotus White seats. There is a German spec LHD and a US spec LHD in the same colour combo too. I assume your car is equally rare in it's colour scheme?

And yes I know about the wheels. I'm looking at getting some 18x8 + 18x9.5" M-Par's like your car, or possibly current model 19x8.5 + 19x9.5" BMW M6 wheels. I do like the Shooting Star wheels, but they are just too small for the car and they don't fill out the arches well enough.

Feel free to email me if you want, my address is otama@ihug.co.nz

Thanks!

I am also the owner of a 1996 Technoviolett 850CSI. There are some pics if you click in the link on my signature.

Welcome to the forums, have seen your car on forums as well, it's beautiful. The M3 was too!

only 2 RHD's in that colour

Wow. Now that's rare. Better take good care of her then... how's the front bumper coming along?

The bumper was a mission to get off, hopefully the panel shop does a good job of it :)

Here is what I have as far as numbers go:

CC88000 12/1992 first RHD made

CC88071 06/1994 mine

CC88190 06/1996 last RHD made

160 in total in RHD 153 UK spec, 3 Aus spec, 4 unknown

85 daytona violet out of all 30621 E31 (840i/Ci, 850i/Ci and 850CSi)

24 german lhd 850csi in daytona violet

1 american lhd 850csi in daytona violet - just so happens this one is with lotus white interior, I've tracked the owner down and he's a nice chap

2 rhd 850csi in daytona violet out of 153 for UK market

25th Daytona Violet 850CSi made out of 27

80 850csi with lotus white seats out of 1510 850CSi's in total

Only RHD car with Lotus White seats + Daytona Violet in the world

2 others built in same colour combination, one German, one US (US one as mentioned above)

Last one built in that colour scheme out of the 3 850CSi with Daytona + Lotus White

77500 pounds in 1994 times exchange rate at time of 3.0846 = NZ$239056

702000 francs in 1995 times exchange rate at time of 0.36340 = NZ$255106

192000 german marks in 1993 times exchange rate at time of 1.24290 = NZ$238637

Then you add in inflation since the 1994, and you get an approximate price of:

NZ$326000 - $349000 for a UK spec 850csi in 1994

Edited by bradc

I'm looking at getting some 18x8 + 18x9.5" M-Par's like your car, or possibly current model 19x8.5 + 19x9.5" BMW M6 wheels.

If your talking about my old m-pars....they are not 9.5 on the rear.

Hi, yes I 'know' you, I've seen your posts on other forums, with your 007 number plate and those stunning M-Parallel wheels.

I prefer my interior though, mostly black with white leather! I'm not so keen on the purple in your car :)

Your car is an absolute stunner. Mine has done a lot of miles and isn't in the greatest condition. I've already got the bumper off and it is going into a panel shop to be repainted. The colour of mine is Daytona Violet, 28 850CSi's had that colour, only 2 RHD's in that colour and mine was the only RHD with the Lotus White seats. There is a German spec LHD and a US spec LHD in the same colour combo too. I assume your car is equally rare in it's colour scheme?

And yes I know about the wheels. I'm looking at getting some 18x8 + 18x9.5" M-Par's like your car, or possibly current model 19x8.5 + 19x9.5" BMW M6 wheels. I do like the Shooting Star wheels, but they are just too small for the car and they don't fill out the arches well enough.

Feel free to email me if you want, my address is otama@ihug.co.nz

Thanks!

Hi Brad,

I agree with you and I was not very keen on the interior color of my CSI when I bought it either. It has however grown on me and I like more and more. I like the fact it is an Individual version ordered by BMW M :) I must confess that considering the car's good shape, I would have bought it even if it had a pink interior!

From what I've read, only one CSI was produced in Technoviolett from a total of 13 cars produced. The other ones where 8 840s and 4 "normal" 850s.

Regards,

Edited by ///M Alx

Yes your car was the only 850CSi in Technoviolet ever :) And your car has virtually just been driven out of the showroom compared to mine with 148000 miles!

I also like my 3 spoke steering wheel which is very rare, most of them had the big 4 spoke instead.

What sized tyres are you running on your M-Par's?

Penry - thanks! I've sent you a pm