Sign in to follow this  
Tomo

just out of interest, wondering what a ballpark figure for m30 3.5 and manual trans would be, and which 'box that is for that engine.

Cheers

about $2 to $2.5K.

they are a getrag 260/5 for early box upto about 1985 or 260/6 from 1986 onwards or getrag 265 78-87 etc which is the close ratio box with a dog leg 1st and 1:1 top gear. but all need to be from a m30 engine , not m20 etc

can also use getrag 280 from the m5 m6 etc .

i have a kit for sale

just out of interest, wondering what a ballpark figure for m30 3.5 and manual trans would be, and which 'box that is for that engine.

Cheers

The engine is the cheap part but it depends on which "era" the engine comes from.

Say $500-$1500 for the engine.

Gearbox:

Suggest that the easiest way to find a gearbox is to find a manual E28 528 or 535 wrecker, and hope nobody else knows about it. Suggest you wont pay less than $800 for an E28 unknown box, oh , you want to be a bit careful with what year you buy, as the middle ones were a bit dodgy.

An E34 box would be a better box (depends on what its going in to), talk to Brent as I think he currently has a kit for sale.

i have a manual box for the m30 motor from an e34

and it costed me just below 1400

which i think was very lucky, since it could have easily hiked upto 2000

tracking down all the other parts for the conversion is prooving to be a pain in the butt tho

but brents helping me out with that

(sorry brent i have been busy will give you a call when work stops calling me in)