Sign in to follow this  
morerevsm3

E36 M3 twin screw project

slowly coming together, keep running out of money, will get ther eventually

have already istalled 2 X 255 Lph Walbro fuel pumps, have a set of 440cc injectors and these parts-

Posted Image

these installed also (as well as uprated trans mounts)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

going in this-

Posted Image

plenum will be something similar to this-

Posted Image

only planning to run 7-8 psi, still need FMIC and piping, and ecu (new model stand alone, more details at a later date) and loom to complete

comments appreciated,

cheers, Alan

Edited by morerevsm3

One of the very extensive projects I have seen more on the performance slant...how much power do you hope to achieve?

whatever it makes, I suspect 260-270rwkw

was waiting for someone to do this down under :) ... nice work!

should scream ..

Welcome Alan, I thought I recognised your nick from the FI forum in BFC. Looking forward to reading more about your project :)

haha welcome MrBlonde :) ... glad to see you found the forum :)

hows the m-coupe drag car coming along ?

Interesting indeed!!

Few Q's.

You going to run the stock ITB's?? If so, I'd imagine some kind of bypass/recirculation would be needed post SC?

All PD superchargers I have ever seen run a single TB *BEFORE* the SC (incl. factory SC'd engines), this controls the amount of air the SC can draw and is pressurized and thus put into the engine, otherwise the SC can draw at its given capacity & pressurize a lot more air than you need and where is all the extra going to go (eg. part throttle)??

FMIC is a V.good idea, PDSC's like to make the air pretty dam hot. Managing the heat soak is going to be a big part of making this a reliable setup. Adding water sprayers for the IC is a good start.

What is a External Wastegate for??

Keep up posted on your progress!!

ps. I have the matching engine mounts :D

What is a External Wastegate for??

Looks like a monster of a heavy duty bypass valve

MMM keen to know more about this project BUT all these SC, ITB's, PDSC etc abbreviation's make it hard to understand. Could you please explain what they stand for so one may understand what you are talking about it is as bad as reading a text message and look what happened over that issue.

Thanks Allan

MMM keen to know more about this project BUT all these SC, ITB's, PDSC etc abbreviation's make it hard to understand. Could you please explain what they stand for so one may understand what you are talking about it is as bad as reading a text message and look what happened over that issue.

Thanks Allan

ITB = Individual Throttle Bodies.

SC = Supercharger.

PDSC = Positive Displacement SC (From above) eg. Roots or Screw type "Blowers" as opposed to a Centrifugal SC (which look like turbo's with a belt on the back).

E30-323ti Thank you very much for the explanation it makes for a lot more sense.

Looks like a monster of a heavy duty bypass valve

exactly, and with light spring, it opens and closes progressively, so you don't end up with light switch type response at part throttle