Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

E28 M5 on trademe

I think that might be due to the price tag, i know it's an M5 an all but it's also getting on in the age department.

I think those comments could have been made about the E30 M3 in the past too. And good ones are now worth their weight in gold.

I think the rarity of the Original M5 will help these retain their value if looked after. I'm not saying they are equivalent to an E30 M3 either.

Each generation of M cars has watered down the rarity of them (due to their popularity).

Just spotted it. Someone might want it.

and dont forget the e28 was the FIRST //M car as we know them today.I am not counting the M1 that was a whole different Kettle of fish

used to be ray meadows , i had a back seat ride in that car around puke , with chris couch waving the flag at us in a non helmeted session. wee hee!! :D

post-279-1199787756_thumb.jpg

It's a nice car and I do like it a lot. If I had a couple of hundred thousand to spend on a car collection, that would be something I'd get

yes, a great car, but i think the price is a tad high. it's an old classic that requires constant attention...

yes, a great car, but i think the price is a tad high. it's an old classic that requires constant attention...

So do E30 M3's and they are commanding more than $50k.

I wouldn't expect an E28 M5 in great condition (which that one is) to get any lower in value.

i think the price is about right

E34 M5's are going for 25k+ & the E28 is rarer & just that little bit cooler (IMO)

is it true theres only 2 in NZ?

i think the price is about right

E34 M5's are going for 25k+ & the E28 is rarer & just that little bit cooler (IMO)

is it true theres only 2 in NZ?

No, that is actually in-correct. From what I know there is a white 87' in Auckland, a champagne or Bronzit one in the Wairarapa, and 2 dark coloured ones in Christchurch. So there are atleast 5. The white one is a minter.

Until recently i had a M6. The first owner of my car owned the champagne M5 at the same time. The white M5 in Auckland was owned by a gentleman who concurrently owned a red M6.

This one for sale is actually a minter- it is Sth african but imported via Japan. As a consequence, it has the body-kit, a la E28 m535i.

They are such a niche car- go great, but the styling isn't for everybody/