Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

BMW LSD

Riley, you need the diff out of a E28 525e, usually 2.93, 3.07, or 3.25 med cases. Just change the output shafts and back cover and clutch pack and off you go.

I have a spare 3.46 LSD, not low enough I know, but I want a 3.73 for my car heh..

Riley, you need the diff out of a E28 525e, usually 2.93, 3.07, or 3.25 med cases. Just change the output shafts and back cover and clutch pack and off you go.

This is what i think ill have to do mate. Trying to save $$ as usual :)

Yo Riley

You should investigate to see if you can swap over the crown wheel and pinion from a regular

NON LSD diff

that would means heaps of ratio options and a brilliant chance to fit more clutch packs for higher lockup ^_^

Seems like a better way to do it than fitting a large case diff

I don't see how BMW would make the med case diff totally different in design just because it was an LSD, only the center should be different.

We might have to check into this more Jimmy, pretty sure that guy i no has a 535i with the diff. I no the diff looks very different however the guts might be the same??

Theres a write up here on making an LSD using the LSD from one diff into an open diff.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.ph...;highlight=diff

Seems simple enough?

Can't believe i never saw that thread before. Got a LSD centre and 3.64 wheel & pinon been wanting to swap over, thread will help alot. Cheers for that