Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

BMW LSD

How much of a hurry are you in Riley?

I've got a selection coming from the states, should be here March some time I guess.

Have 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 coming, and maybe another 3.46 and 2.93. All LSD's.

Pm me if interested in any of these.

Edited by Silver Fox

I have a 2.93..

should let you do 300+kph... (once you have added your turbo and gas.. and taken a LARGE dose of brave pills...) :lol:

I have a 2.93..

should let you do 300+kph... (once you have added your turbo and gas.. and taken a LARGE dose of brave pills...) :lol:

Is 300kph even possible with the E30 body?

I reckon it would be airborne around 280km

If Gus is driving, ANYTHING is possible.. :o

I have a 2.93..

Hmmmm ill have a wee look into that ratio, ill do some sums and let ya no mate. Very keen on the 3.25 tho

I like your description riley haha

It wasn't like that originally. It started out with his mb number and him saying he wanted to swap. Trademe must have edited it. Pretty quickly too!

with that horsepower you would be talking a med case one I guess.With tht E30 weight i guess you dont need a large case one

If Gus is driving, ANYTHING is possible.. :o

and some fairly serious home made riveted on aerodynamic aids!

How much of a hurry are you in Riley?

I've got a selection coming from the states, should be here March some time I guess.

Have 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 coming, and maybe another 3.46 and 2.93. All LSD's.

Pm me if interested in any of these.

I'll be needing one to for my project car.. but not sure which ratio I want yet. Something I'll need to research first

I've asked a question on your auction worded in a way that you can post your cell phone number without getting in too much trouble if you want to.

Now you just need another BS member to ask you if you'd swap for another ratio, and you'll be sorted!

I've asked a question on your auction worded in a way that you can post your cell phone number without getting in too much trouble if you want to.

Now you just need another BS member to ask you if you'd swap for another ratio, and you'll be sorted!

hahaha i thought that might of been you Brad, cheers for that mate

with that horsepower you would be talking a med case one I guess.With tht E30 weight i guess you dont need a large case one

Yes just a medium case LSD i really cant be bothered doing mods to fit a large case 5series diff and i dont need it :)

It wasn't like that originally. It started out with his mb number and him saying he wanted to swap. Trademe must have edited it. Pretty quickly too!

Yip they got onto that very quick lol bastards

Done... ;)

Will

Im still after a 2.93 to 3.25 lsd to swap for my 3.73lsd :)

Riley

I would have thought there would be a fair amount of large case with that ratio? Maybe it would be worth the hassle getting one from a 5series?

Yo Riley

You should investigate to see if you can swap over the crown wheel and pinion from a regular

NON LSD diff

that would means heaps of ratio options and a brilliant chance to fit more clutch packs for higher lockup ^_^

Seems like a better way to do it than fitting a large case diff

I don't see how BMW would make the med case diff totally different in design just because it was an LSD, only the center should be different.

Correct, you can change the clutch pack into any med case diff, need to get it set up tho and that's not cheap.

Correct, you can change the clutch pack into any med case diff, need to get it set up tho and that's not cheap.

Hi Dave,

A known Local gearbox builder/engineer did the welding reinforcement on Riley sub frame, so I'm sure something could be sorted out.

Usual deal of time/money and not being able to use the car eh?