Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Getrag 260/6

No ZF doglegs about

Next option Getrag 260/6 to fit and M30 3.5 Litre

Anyone got one for sale ??

Cheers

Glenn

From what I can find on the web, the 260/6 is from an e32 735i and the 260/5 appears to be from the e28 535 and there is a 260/8 and a 260/2 aswell, the /8 is from an e34 m5 3.8 and the /2 is the dogleg.

At least I think thats right.

From what I can find on the web, the 260/6 is from an e32 735i and the 260/5 appears to be from the e28 535 and there is a 260/8 and a 260/2 aswell, the /8 is from an e34 m5 3.8 and the /2 is the dogleg.

You're correct martyn, just did a search myself.

I always thought that was what it meant? But what do ya know? ^_^

The /6 at the end of 540i means 6 speed manual ;)

haha, I knew that! :lol:

Just had a look at Wikipedia and apparently the 260 was only used on the E30 & E34? I'm confused now? :wacko:

Wheres Glenn!!!

Glen, I am sure you are aware, the e30 m3 box fits the m30 great and is dogleg...that is what rob has used for his M30 swap (v v tidy)

If you want to sort one here in the UK, am happy to help out with getting it back, temp storage etc

Just did a vin decode on the 535is & box is 260/6. Just a wild goose chase working out what the '6' is.Getrag code thats all?

Glen, I am sure you are aware, the e30 m3 box fits the m30 great and is dogleg...that is what rob has used for his M30 swap (v v tidy)

If you want to sort one here in the UK, am happy to help out with getting it back, temp storage etc

Thanks for that Gus

How bloody much though???

Your main cost is not going to be the shipping but the packing. There is a rule now that all wood used must be of a certain standard for 'treatment'. You cant just stick it in any old create and hope to get it in the country.

Sorry, Ill have to dig out the paperwork for the technical term.

I was looking at bringing some body kits out last year and the packaging would cost twice the actually frieght. We were looking at 600quid to just to create the kits up !!

One thing I discussed with the shipping agent here was to use just any old wood, and take it on the chin that MAF would stop it this end and fumigate, but at $100 an hour (plus the cost of fumigation) it didnt make much difference.

I have the paperwork somewhere if you want me to find it.

the late e28 528i 535i e28's used the 260/6 as well .

260/5 has metal hifter plate . 260/6 uses ali one

I thought this was going to be easy

How wrong I am

Edited by botanymotorworx