Sign in to follow this  
jrgb

E46 M3 3.2 LITRE ENGINE & GEARBOX

I know they're as rare as hen's teeth, but does anyone know of an E46 M3 3.2 litre engine & gearbox for sale? If so can you contact John ... phone 021-378989, 09-3787840, or e-mail john@spr.co.nz

Cheers, John

sh*t, I think hens teeth may be more common than that want. Good luck though

I thought that's what comes in the Z4M?

So it was NZ autocar? Was reading it the other day and saw the test drive etc, didn't mention the little whoops at the end though.

3.0l as in M3 3.0l?

m54b30 ... not s54b32 ....

hes after a s54b32.. I was _really_ lucky to get my s50b32. This only way I can see this happening is importing and engine / gearbox or wrecked car. Engines you can get from the europe / germany second hand

oh actually that reminds me john, have a hunt around for the person who bought that wrecked CSL. they may stillhave the engine and gearbox lying around. its about 15-20k worth tho :| as I looked into it myself for the e30 at the time of sale.

I just remembered, that german guy who joined here a few months back with the E30 M3 that he was going to put a supra motor into, he said he had an s50 motor lying in his shed for sale?

I looked into it myself for the e30 at the time of sale.

lucky for some!!!!!!!!!

hes after a s54b32.. I was _really_ lucky to get my s50b32. This only way I can see this happening is importing and engine / gearbox or wrecked car. Engines you can get from the europe / germany second hand

oh actually that reminds me john, have a hunt around for the person who bought that wrecked CSL. they may stillhave the engine and gearbox lying around. its about 15-20k worth tho :| as I looked into it myself for the e30 at the time of sale.

Thanks for everyone's replies ... again! Yes Hybrid I'm still looking for an engine & box, and definitely want a S54B32.

Have been searching overseas, including Japanese 'damaged cars' auction sites, but no luck. An importer is currently looking in UK / Europe for me, and I'm even considering getting a new engine from BMW ... but apparently they only supply short-blocks, so then I'd have the problem of sourcing everything else!!

Currently in the middle of stripping the Z4 ... bloody hell there is a lot of unnecessary interior trim ... and it's all so damn hard to remove without breaking the plastic!

Cheers, John

BMW will have an E92 M3 V8 laying around thanks to NZ Autocar.

Nice thought! Did consider fitting an M5 V8 (it will fit, and has been done), but then I couldn't race in the BMW Open class ... the Z4 never came with a V8 factory fitted!

Cheers, John

nah dont get one new... Europe has em around. you need to get on the parts circuit for germany. Have a talk to Guido Locher (guido@bmworkshop.co.nz) as he has his hands in a lot of pies for BMW in this country.

Seriously, that CSL is floating around here somewhere .. and I haven't heard of where the engine went. I'm going to email my contacts too and see if they come up with anything.

There is a guy on here who is owns a panel shop down the line and is friends with the person who was selling it. So I could try and find his contact and you could maybe chase it ... like I said it wont be cheap. But is your best option for an s54 in this country unless one is crashed in the near future.

actually im just going to PM you as I may have help on the 6speed gearbox front also.