Sign in to follow this  
my_e36

So much for 2-second rule

What's the point of promoting it if the cops are not following it themselves?

Interestingly, there's no much tv ad on the 2-second rule anymore. It's all on speeding and drunk driving these days.

Sorry for the poor quality pix, but you can clearly make out what's everything. I am doing 1.5 second myself, 95km/h at 100km/h zone. Cop car on right hand lane doing 0.5 second apart, slightly faster than me.

post-450-1203567610.jpg

The point is so people don't go into the back of each other. Whether cops do it or not is irrelevant. WE should be doing it regardless. Cops should be but aren't.

Because they aren't doing it is not a good reason for us to stop.

Perhaps the speeding and drunk driving ads are to target a more lethal habit? Getting rear ended usually involves costly repairs. Driving drunk into oncoming traffic usually involves death.

My 2c.

geez pxting while driving! now thats dangerous

Haha well i say if you Inforce the rules on others then you gotta stick to them yourself

I remember having a cop tail gating me in my work car a little while ago, it was last year just after that cop pulled out in front of those two bikers and killed them while doing a u-turn. (will become relevant later on)

I was coming up to some kids walking on the side of the road and one of them looked towards the road and sort of moved to the side as if they were about to cross. Now realistically the road was very wide, there were no other cars around and I was still some distance away from them and I was sitting bang on 50kmh (which was making the cop tailgate even more)

So I slammed on the brakes, hard, really hard. The cop stopped about 1 metre away from my rear bumper with his ABS kicking in hard. The kids got a bit of a fright - I still stopped 15m or so away from them and they weren't going to cross just then anyway, but meh I figured I had done well and they were only scared because of the cops abs kicking in.

Anyways, I started off again and after driving for a little while he flicked his lights on and pulled me over, asking if it was necessary for me to hit the brakes like that. I said that yes because they might have crossed the road and they were only little kids, I couldn't trust them to make the decision and I figured it was much safer to slow down quickly just in case rather than continuing to drive and possibly running them over. I said that if he had been following the 2 second rule correctly he wouldn't have nearly crashed into the back of my car and would have had more time to react and wouldn't be angry at me now. He said he was a cop and could do whatever he wanted, so I asked him if that included doing a u-turn on a blind corner killing two bikers, or perhaps that was taking it a bit far, but running over kids crossing a road because you were tail gating someone was ok?

He was umm rather pissed with me to say the least, I asked him for his name and number, he didn't say a thing, so I just drove off.

f**king wanker

not to dump on the police because they actually have a hard enough job ... but you were in the right in that instance he shouldnt be breaking road rules, the only time they are allowed to is with their lights on and a valid work related reason.

Cops do a good job, but I recon they 'milk' it a bit. On numerous occasions I have had cops without their sirens on pull away from me when I am doing the speed limit. Two sets of rules?

I am not trying to give them a hard time and I do respect the cops, but when people trying to look up to them and for them to set us an example and they didn't. That's what gets me a little.

OLLIE: If I really was trying to pix, I would have take a better picture. :P

Rules for some and rules for others, if they want the respect that they once had (a long time ago) they should keep there tempers to a minimum when not needed at all.