Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

This was a shock

Nino must be mad!

nah bro those are too old and higher millage for me, im still waitin for sum decent Lwb facelift ones to pop up

They just aren't worth very much any more. If I wasn't able to have an E31 I'd have to get an nice late model 750iL :) Such beautiful cars and so much value for money

Problem is at 200k with the V8 motor you need to do cam chains, guides, tensioners, which is an expensive job! If you don't you can end up with a very sad motor!

Also at this mileage the suspension is normally in need of what can also be an expensive overhaul.

I am looking around for one so have done some extensive research into issues with these cars, and these two issues (in particular) are what put me off this particular one. Couldn't determine what work had been done to it.

So cheap may not be so cheap after all!

Will

No good for nipping around Auck traffic, big heavy cars use fuel and at $7.50-$8.00 a gallon you can't drive far on that gallon. <_<

Also what Will was saying about maintenance applies, $2500 for timing chain work??? not sure, someone will know, big job i think.

Does anyone know if you can drop in the later 4.4ltr in an E34 (to replace 4ltr) What about wiring/ecu etc.

Edited by mr E34

Problem is at 200k with the V8 motor you need to do cam chains, guides, tensioners, which is an expensive job! If you don't you can end up with a very sad motor!

Also at this mileage the suspension is normally in need of what can also be an expensive overhaul.

By sad motor do you mean they will break or just not running well? I thought they have duplex chains so it should be ok?

Suspension - I guess one might want to put something new in them anyway, unless they have EDC or self-levelling suspension. (does the 7s have them?) An excuse to have them SLAMMED.

All the SLAB's should get 7 series, then they'd be pimpin' green....

Speak english.

All the SLAB's should get 7 series, then they'd be pimpin' green....

Hahahahahaha..... da propa gangsta is back!! :D

By sad motor do you mean they will break or just not running well? I thought they have duplex chains so it should be ok?

Chain breaks and KABOOM! becomes boat anchor..

Seeing that there are tree huggers, why not boat anchor huggers??

Didn't someone knock me for offering 6 k on one of these..

these cars are only good for running big rims and a slamed stance they are tanks

Didn't someone knock me for offering 6 k on one of these..

Same person who thought he could swap it for my 'vert...

these cars are only good for running big rims and a slamed stance they are tanks

My old 740i would p!ss all over your slag mate....sorry slab ;)

Dont be so quick to judge based on old hags with standard suspension and poxy 16' wheels with balloons for tyres.

They are a very different car with sports suspension and 18' wheels. You wouldnt stand a chance even in the twisties.

My old 740i would p!ss all over your slag mate....sorry slab ;)

Dont be so quick to judge based on old hags with standard suspension and poxy 16' wheels with balloons for tyres.

They are a very different car with sports suspension and 18' wheels. You wouldnt stand a chance even in the twisties.

hahahaha yeh all good each to there own i just remember driving a few 7s and they just feel massive! remember im in a coupe, i actully want one but mine (and yes call me young dumb slag whatever ) on 20s and bagged so it could lay flat ! :P

pressing the EDC button makes the 7 such a different car, heaps tighter and "sportier" to drive.

If anybody wants a 750IL V12 green with tan leather let me know. It has all the bells and whistles - right down to removable clipboards in the rear of the front seats. Too many buttons and gadgets to list!!

or a 735 or a 740 :D