Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Coilovers bmw e36

yo,

im out to look for some coilovers, im just looking for a set that will set my car prity low.

do difrent brands go diffrent hight?

And i have a budget around 1k duno if itl be enough but lets hope so.

cheer

Just bear in mine $1200+ for D2s, then $350+ for a cert to keep it legal.

coilovers for an e36 wont give you the slab look at the back with out some modification.

plus ive heard they leak if round all the way down, but if you can also get the shocks shortened and that lower it some more.. you sick of the bounce already matt :P/

what are peoples opinions on D2's, i know you get what you pay for, but is the quality something you need to worry about if you are not going to be holding on the the car for many ks? how hard would they be to replace the shocks and struts with bilsteins?

Edited by 328imobbin

nah never sick of the bounce, just go to unitech now and farr do the have raww speed bumps aye, so don't drive my car there any more, i like the hight my car runs atm and want my adjusties to go close to that hight, so many modification would i have to run to get the right hight at times? cheer

abit off the topic but matt u say you goin unitec ? i know those bumps they suck hahaha are you goin to any gigs? im goin concord dawn/state of mind

iv had d2's in my 180sx, and there sh*t for track use, but for daily driving they will be sweet. they are able to be rebuilt in nz. i think they may have koni inserts. i chucked mine in the bin after they snapped in half lol.

coilovers for an e36 wont give you the slab look at the back with out some modification.

err .. my e46 ones drop 75mm .. not that I run them at that

ahh fark i needa go lower than 75ml sh*t!!

ahhh Fuk yeah going to that concert bro, got my ticket today, shall i see you there. ahhh far them speed bumps are raww!

bags haha wouldnt bag a 320i, more a 520i or 728i haha that size engine for the petrol haha

why not just buy a 540 or a 740

few of my mates have the 520s and 728s and they suck balls on gas.

I thought u selling your car?

you dont need coil overs then ... as your just going to negate any performace gains using them.... stick to compressed springs and save cash.

yeah man its for sale, this all for the next car, aye they would be much cheaper than them, wouldnt they?

yeah but i want to be able, just so no chances of changing the coilovers to get the car around 50ml off ground

Ive heard coilovers are going to become illegal very soon (next few months) and you wont be able to cert them! Id check into this now if i was getting some

that would suck, but i highly doubt it. that means some hot rods would have to change their set-up, custom road cars, bagged cars,etc. if they do that then more people will just chop the sh*t out of their cars. personally i feel having coilovers gives me way more control over my cars than standard. the only thing that will make it unsafe is when people drop them all the way down which makes everyday driving a risk considering crappy NZ roads.

Edited by togate

the only thing that will make it unsafe is when people drop them all the way down which makes everyday driving a risk considering crappy NZ roads.

This is a problem with the certing process, not adjusty height coilovers.

^ very true, how do you think they could overcome this though?, my mate had his car certed at 40mm off the ground with shocks/springs combo. lol

Edited by togate

So people that already have coilovers are fine, no need to take them off if the rules change???

So people that already have coilovers are fine, no need to take them off if the rules change???

Yes thats how i understand it.