Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

My car performance

Guest Andrew

drivetrain loss is about 15-20%, im planing on going to a dyno in the next week or so b4 i start toying around with it, most dynos should be very simlar with there results, dynos work by timing to get there result it is time, speed, rpm etc etc that are calculatored to get the power output but they are neva always accurat

as you can see mine never did measure rpm...

anyhow.. i'm 20 kW short and gonna have to spend some coin to fix it.

Guest WAGON

what engine mods u done bro my last 323i was 1080kg at north shore dump including full tank and me there must be some sh*t rong bro i had around 185kw at fly wheel not to shore what at wheels but could smoke a lot of sh*t ie skylines subaru wrx and sh*t just lost to my mates evo 2 once all i had was usual sh*t full exhust extractors intake 7 seriers airflow metter cam work and thousands of dollars worth of tunning in the end but always had troubles some days would fly others it would suck sh*t and it would be back to the garage :mosh:

how can you estimate a flywheel figure and not know a RWkW figure? sounds unlikely

what engine mods u done bro my last 323i was 1080kg at north shore dump including full tank and me there must be some sh*t rong bro i had around 185kw at fly wheel not to shore what at wheels but could smoke a lot of sh*t ie skylines subaru wrx and sh*t just lost to my mates evo 2 once all i had was usual sh*t full exhust extractors intake 7 seriers airflow metter cam work and thousands of dollars worth of tunning in the end but always had troubles some days would fly others it would suck sh*t and it would be back to the garage :mosh:

I'm afraid I find that very hard to believe.

I think it would take a lot more than that to get a 323i to 185kw, even at the engine.

Cheers

I think it would take a lot more than that to get a 323i to 185kw, even at the engine.

You would need to be running at least 20 pounds of V tec :lol:

bro its about the mad tight 40psi vtak y0!1!.

then you can runn lotts bro. like 180kw at the weel

Guest Andrew

Dude.. 323s don't whack out much on a dyno .. around 75 kW.

You'd need a supercharger .. a turbo and yes of course Vtec to get that kind of power.

1000s of bucks of tuning.. .. tuning what?

Guest Andrew

Anyway -

Since there are at least 2 of us on here with motors not running correctly now due to moronic - who wants to do a group buy on Link ECUs in perhaps next Jan early Feb? Maybe save ourselves a bit of coin on the hardware - tuning and install will still be roughly 1000 bucks.

What can you expect to gain - well for those of you with modified motors - you can finally unlease thier potential by having custom fuel/spark maps. You'll also free up around 5 kW just removing the AFM (Link uses MAP sensors). You can also do logging and on the fly tuning via laptop.

At this stage i'm still tossing up between the microtech unit and link - but i'd like to gauge some interest.

You could also save on the tuning costs, Once one car is tuned the same maps can be used as a base for all, only minor tweaking may be required to get it perfect rather than starting from scratch each time!!

Guest Andrew

You could also save on the tuning costs, Once one car is tuned the same maps can be used as a base for all, only minor tweaking may be required to get it perfect rather than starting from scratch each time!!

even though Grant has a 2.7 with a 320 cam? I have a 2.5 with 323 cam and different compression and gus has a stock 325?

what type of dyno did u use? rolling road or hub???

im not to keen on rolling road as slipage happens.

92kw = 123.374hp

Guest Andrew

what type of dyno did u use? rolling road or hub???

im not to keen on rolling road as slipage happens.

92kw = 123.374hp

Tim - its more of an indication for tuning really - I wouldn't want to compare HP to HP like that. Was a dyno dynamics rolling road. Numerous things can affect the result.. strapped down too hard.. too light etc etc. I essentially have the motor build you want tim - so now you know you want to do ECU with it also.

Link Plus is a waste of coin as far as I'm concerned.. You only need it if you have 8 cylinders or more.

I think you can still even do Waste of Time spark with the normal Link.

^^ gotta love that.. even after days of looking and laughing i still craack up..

hall of retardedness you go!

I wouldn't want to compare HP to HP like that.

Well if you did i would PWN you all!! lol

220hp standard..... B)

Have had the 323i on the dyno, Bolt on hub job, and produced 97KW at wheels.

Motor basicly unchanged from stock, headers on, 320i gearbox, ratios closer together than 323i box, also slightly smaller, Very tall diff at 4.27 to 1 , also LSD.

Very surprised that the figures are so good, as only about 105 KW at fly wheel.

:)

*ahem crack-head ahem*

323i beating wrx's? :huh:

nuff said.

Guest Andrew

Well if you did i would PWN you all!! lol

220hp standard..... B)

even so you'd get school in the straights and the twisties!

Hartage - like i said its not really fair to compare dyno to dyno - especially a rolling road where I may have been strapped to tight. I'd wager the 325 has a fair amount more torque - I wish mine could have been measured!

Your right, we tested a 325i and has bulk more torque

but not that much more kw, at about 105.

Guest Andrew

Your right, we tested a 325i and has bulk more torque

but not that much more kw, at about 105.

On the dyno day (BMWCC) we didn't see one 325 at more than 93 kW on the rolling rd dyno..

Do you have Hartge headers? What does it top speed at with such a short diff?

Not sure of the origin of the headers, Very nicely made got them secondhand as almost impossible to find.

top speed not yet established, on track 3rd gear about 145km 4th 170km and will pull 5th on back strait of manfield at about 180km with 3700rev.

only been running for 3 weeks so a bit soon to really know.

old car with same motor and 3.25 : 1 diff was timed at 220 km on back of Puke circut at last Targa.

Ian

even though Grant has a 2.7 with a 320 cam? I have a 2.5 with 323 cam and different compression and gus has a stock 325?

Good enough to use as a base for sure.

It may only take an hour of dyno/tuning time to get it right, rather than 4+hrs to start from scratch each time!!