Sign in to follow this  
M3_guy

MUST SEE!! All You BIMMER LOVERS CHECK THIS OUT!!!

dude, i didnt blow my engine...

Dude, I seem to recall you lost your licence, and drive a 320 4dr which is all hat and no cowboy. I'm not sure you should be criticising someone for blowing an engine.

Besides, it can happen to M3s too... there's a whole thread about it (a problem only on the track) over here:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=14550

dude, i didnt blow my engine...

It's about to blow not blown yet :P

...and if I may say so without being too harsh whats there to blow in a 320 anyway?

The only way I see your engine blowing is because the aging engine has to run harder cos of some heavy chromie 19s?

Its people like you that make an unhostile forum environment into a frenzy.

Let's just keep it friendly so a prospective M3 buyer doesnt get discouraged from buying an M3 because of people like you aye?

It's about to blow not blown yet :P

...and if I may say so without being too harsh whats there to blow in a 320 anyway?

The only way I see your engine blowing is because the aging engine has to run harder cos of some heavy chromie 19s?

Its people like you that make an unhostile forum environment into a frenzy.

Let's just keep it friendly so a prospective M3 buyer doesnt get discouraged from buying an M3 because of people like you aye?

STi Guy - I am very impressed with your attitude. I read this thread thinking that it was going to turn into a nasty shitfight, but was pleasently surprised that it hasn't, mainly due to your non-aggresive replies (being in the camp of the enemy so to speak...I'm sure you get whay I mean).

Good luck with whatever you end up with (the STi or the M3), both good performance cars.

Cheers

Grant

Thanks Grant and all those with constructive informative comments.

Why make enemies when I may join this forum in the near future?

I have respect for both cars and both brands and they all have their niches and good/bad points.. so no point arguing about which is better.

Again sorry for anyone involved in this mess sometimes my 28 year old friend with an M3 over does things with his passion for his M3 and tries to convert me too often :D

I'm still looking out for a nice E36 M3 so hopefully will find one sooner or later

Finding a nice e36 M3 is harder than finding the right woman or up there amongst it! :lol:

M20's tend to mess themselves quite badly in the head if overheated. And if thrashed whilst the tappets are out they can drop valves. Ernst at Bavarian has some pretty awesome pistons around the place :lol: Other than that, they are pretty robust...mine's well over 300,000km's ^_^ albeit in 2.5L form in a 325i not a 320i.

This is a personal thing but I don't like working on Subaru's, have two heads in the most awkward places and because of that they are overly complex. The plus side is the motor has more torque than an equvalent conventional inline motor and is smaller in physical size enabling better weight distribution. I especially respect their symmetry in terms of powertrain layout, which is awesome in my opinion as I'm a weight distribution and balance geek :P

I admire both marques in their approaches to acheiving performance, my preference is BMW....because I like Natural Aspiration, FR drivetrains, and character (which I must admit is perhaps not as strong in an E30 as I'd like).

That said, if there was a lightweight FR VTEC Honda/VVTi Toyota/VVL Nissan/Vanos BMW that was in my price range, I'd be driving that. The badge that's on a vehicle doesn't really bother me.

I have meandered off topic, but perhaps you should express more clearly - what is it you want out of a car?

Or if we are comparing the cars, I don't even think they should be compared? One is a luxury sports coupe. The other is a WRC based machine, with precious few creature comforts.

EDIT: In the ten minutes it took me to write this novel length post, you've basically posted a far more concise version :lol:

Edited by JiB

I'm with sti guy here. I'm not a sub fan myself, I'm a mitsi man, well let me rephrase that, I like Legnum VR-4's and EVO5/6's, and thats it!

STI's are very nice cars, as are M3's. What pisses me off with both camps is wankers with silly big wheels and stupid cheap nasty looking lights. Most of the time it is low end models too, 318's, 320's, or with sub's it will be the non-turbo models.

OMG... What have I started...

OMG... What have I started...

I suggest you throw Stephen into the list of Bimmersport "Sh!t Stirrer's List" :D

No 19's and scraping off the bottom eh! LOL

Dont kill him guys he only bought it like that...

The Bling Bling 19' Konigs and Superlows

Hes actually done well to this state which now looks like this...

Again sorry for anyone involved in this mess sometimes my 28 year old friend with an M3 over does things with his passion for his M3 and tries to convert me too often :D

Simple Brain wash... May save you in future...

It wasnt Konig's it was Racing Hart 19' s and it was bent too LOL :D

and had sh!t K Sport Coilovers too <_<

So ashmed so ashamed... :P

The one with the gold mags is what its like now so I dont get stupid looks but mind you its still a Subaru for you guys LOL ;)

Along with Grant, am really impressed with the Suby guys....better than some guys on here (grow up kids)

very different cars, both quick enough to have fun in, 4wd turbo can be a lot of fun.

they are both fast cars, so really great all round that he is considering either!

agree with many of the comments about BMW having so many chromy, bouncy wankers driving around...sucks all round.

you really cant go wrong with either, just ignore the comments about "bmws being expensive to service" the m3s arent cheap but if you can do most work yourself you can save a fortune. parts really arent astronomical compared to brand new jappa parts...2nd hand maybe a little different. m3 shares body panels with normal 3 series so cheap anyway

anyway i am waffling..its sunday morning over here! looking forward to seeing more thoughts and opinions. keep it intelligent please folks, he is another car enthusiast, cant go wrong!

I have owned a couple of STI's. But I never really rated them that highly. Sure they are quick and handle OK. But they never grabbed me. Was just another fast car to me. Nothing special. Same thing with Evos and VR4's.

And yeah each fourm is going to be bias towards their own brand. You really need to talk to someone who has driven both cars. I doubt few of the Subaru guys have ever owned an M3 due to their price being alot higher than the average STI value.

I would pick the M3 though. But only because I have never had one. And its not as common.

Ahh... I got to drive them both... M3 and the Sti Ver8 Spec C this STI_Guy broght to show me... also this guy left the keys to his s2000 when he left the car at my apartment in city to go uni..... BAD BAD BAD Decision by him... Fun for me... Altho We both agreed that later on that Honda should just stick to making Economical FWD Shopping Carts...

Spec C had some close to 400nm of torque and handles but whats the fun in straight driving????? Little Tail whippin action can't hurt... (Dont do this at home Kids, or In this case: Under powered cars)

I just cant stand the fact that some people talk to much without knowing the right facts and turning their personal opinions into facts too.

Just gotta respect other's rides as much as your own.

It wasnt a Ver 8 Spec C just a normal STi get your facts right Steve and you drove the car 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Oh... Plenty of time to thrash tho!

Not like good 30min thrash on your s2k! LOL

Oh BTW how come you are bimmersport member? You never have or had a bimmer... Moderator! Kick this guy out!!! LOL

no body will be kicking any body out ...

Topic is locked .. it was only a matter of time..