Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Recent review on an old car (3.0L M3)

I came across this Aussie article where they reviewed a mint 1994 M3 that had done 90,000 kms.

They are trying to give prospective buyers an idea of what to expect from an aged M3.

Most of the points seemed very nice however I came across a point of concern....

"we doubt you’d achieve better than around 7 or 8 seconds 0 – 100 km/h in normal conditions. "

With 210kw, surely they are quicker than that (even if you are an average driver)...

Article below:

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_4007/article.html

Fair review, and I agree about the long throw. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get a (real) short shifter too. Fair comment on the steering wheel too, it's rather large - I'd much prefer to have the later 3-spoke one.

On the 0-100 comment, did they even bother trying or did they not want to break someone else's "$35,000 AUD" car?

Thats not a bad review at all, pretty dam good for a 15yr old car. No jappa cars could do that

No Jappa costs that much.

would you rather have a evo or wrx???

didnt think so

"we doubt you’d achieve better than around 7 or 8 seconds 0 – 100 km/h in normal conditions. "

With 210kw, surely they are quicker than that (even if you are an average driver)...

chances are its gota dodgy vanos like mine, its got 82,000ks and its rather dull to drive

my 2c

jeremy

No jappa cars could do that

Do what?

didnt think so

Well actually, it would be a close call.

The main reason I wouldn't is that a version 1,2,3 or 4 STI (and the equivalent Evo's) are all pretty much the same pace as the newer ones that would be in a similar price range to an m3.

chances are its gota dodgy vanos like mine, its got 82,000ks and its rather dull to drive

my 2c

jeremy

I had your car inspected by BMW, man I'm glad I didn't buy it after your disappointing comments.

I had your car inspected by BMW, man I'm glad I didn't buy it after your disappointing comments.

What did the inspection bring up?

Did they pick a faulty vanos?

didnt think so

my 2c

jeremy

personaly id rather walk than drive anything thats not german

Nice comment, said like a true fan boy! Would you rather a 1987 VW Polo than a 2007 Ferrari 430?