Sign in to follow this  
Aza13

BMW's for sale in Aussie - Any Info?

Hows it,

Just thought I would enquire as I am moving over to Aussie in the second half of this year, Brisbane to be more specific to start off with. I was just wondering if anyone knew any places/people to buy BMW's from over the ditch? Whether it be dealerships or websites any info would be greatly appreciated? Websites would be great at this stage just to have a look before we make the trip. Just looking to get an idea as I have tried lookin abit myself but any first hand knowledge is bound to help me :D

Also has anybody got any info on importing vehicles into Australia from NZ? Any experiences, costs involved just some rough ideas or more specifically where to look would even be helpful?

Thanks heaps,

Aza

Will Have a look when I'm over next - I travel to Brisbane at least twice a month for work, I go again for a week on the 24th of this month.

What are you looking at buying? If you get to high in $$ e.g over 50k they have a "Luxury Car Tax" Queensland is big on Tax

Imports are quite expensive in Australia due to tariffs and importation laws designed to protect the Australian car industry. Not sure how much of a difference in cost there is to ship your own car over to Oz though.

You also can't import a model that is already being sold in Australia. So you will not be able to import a BMW unless that actual model was never sold. Good luck on finding a car that fits that description.

The reason the Nissan Skylines and STi's were about the only grey imports worth complying to ADR regs.

You also can't import a model that is already being sold in Australia. So you will not be able to import a BMW unless that actual model was never sold. Good luck on finding a car that fits that description.

The reason the Nissan Skylines and STi's were about the only grey imports worth complying to ADR regs.

A dealer can't, but a private punter can import a car. There are rules in place, which I think are something like you need to own it for two years and need to pay a tariff and GST. I know someone who recently took their 911 to Sydney. Makes a lot of sense considering the price of cars over there - you would struggle to find a nice E65 745i for under a hundy, whereas you can steal them here for nearly half that!

Cheers guys - thanks heaps for your responses to date...will keep on searching and let you's know how I get on :)

carsales.com.au

most of the good ones are down south - sydney and Melbourne.

Your 86 318 would probably go for 4k if you're lucky..

i sold my 91 318IS with 100k on the clock for 10G 2 years ago in Brisbane.

im from aus and im down in byron bay bout 2 hours south of brisbane , ive done some work at a bmw workshop down here called Banksia Motor Works , Paul Julia the guy who owns it , always has his ear to the ground in the bmw for sale market and most of the time half his customrs are selling there beemers and upgrading. i bought my first beemer from him. i dont know the phone numbr but you'll find it in the yellowpages.

gl.

im from aus and im down in byron bay bout 2 hours south of brisbane , ive done some work at a bmw workshop down here called Banksia Motor Works , Paul Julia the guy who owns it , always has his ear to the ground in the bmw for sale market and most of the time half his customrs are selling there beemers and upgrading. i bought my first beemer from him. i dont know the phone numbr but you'll find it in the yellowpages.

gl.