Sign in to follow this  
c.robertson00

Shortening Shocks

An engineering shop should be able to help you out. Also there will be members of this forum that would have had this done - anybody???

Have had it done through a mate. $50 a pair.

Ring Regan at racelign and he should be able to sort you out.

Chris @ Suspension Tech in East Tamaki shortens shocks

Ph. (09)2731232 or 0272145325

Have had it done through a mate. $50 a pair.

Ring Regan at racelign and he should be able to sort you out.

2nd that. Regan is a very good mate of mine. He is the guy that rebuilds all the bilstiens and Tein shocks in NZ. And pretty much anything else.

Anyone know of anwhere in New Plymouth that does this? Can get shortened Bilsteins for the rear but fronts need to be shortened apparantly anyone with a lathe can do this?

just ship them to Stocks shocks in akl if you can find anyone.

Just my shocks that are in the car now? So I just tell them how much I want to drop it and they will shorten them that much? Cheers hybrid

Luke

Anyone know of anwhere in New Plymouth that does this? Can get shortened Bilsteins for the rear but fronts need to be shortened apparantly anyone with a lathe can do this?

its not very hard to do, but you need a decent lathe and very strong (eg tungsten tipped) turning bit, as the shaft is super tough and hard to get a cut going. also for the front youll need a correct die to turn the thread onto the end.

i did the rears on my e30 (took off 110mm!), thanks to my old high school metalwork teacher who let me use the workshop for no charge. and because there is plenty of room above the towers i just bored out some 25mm round bar to make spacers to make up the extra length on top.