Sign in to follow this  
mackt

540i Msport vs 530i Msport

We have an 02 530 motor sport, imola red nz new with alliminium trim inside not wood,all the fruit, goes great and still plenty of grunt to tow the race car (at speed)

OK, that is a very sweet car.

Must admit I prefer the aluminium to the wood too...Oh and the Imola red is very nice.

Have to start seriously buttering up my wife :o

Hey Tim

I see you're in Dunedin.There are no BMW 5-ers at Armstrong Prestige at the moment. There proabably are a coupld at Mark Laughton Mototrs, although it is most probably they are jap import... and without slandering, we had quite a few probs with buying a BMW from there. Cookies would be worth a try.

Go for the 540i - theres nothing quite like a V8

Perhaps you could rock up to the BMWCC AGM tonight ay :D

I was in Dunedin last week, and had 3 days at a conference, not too much time to cruise the yards.

Would have loved to make it to the agm this week, but couldn't zip up to dunedin.

Hopefully will be able to in the future...

Tim

Finally managed to get a test drive of this 530i (2000 ex Singapore)

Blue 530i

First time I've driven a 5 series, I have to say I'm impressed, and thats with it not being an M-SPORT.

Wet and shitty day, so the DSC light did a bit of flashing, great stopping power, and loaded with buttons for everything.

I think the price is pretty good too. My wife doesn't like the seats prefers the sports seats in the 328 and didn't like the km's.... :huh:

Unfortunately it's just a bit too grandady (looks wise), I'm not quite there yet!

Think it's going to have to be a black or red 530i MS and lower km's

They have just dropped the price on their 540 to $27995 in todays paper and it does look good in blue!

Edited by mackt

E39s are great cars :)

The dark blue 540 looks much nicer. Just the sat nav and what looks like HIDs will be worth a bit. Would look even better with facelift lights and aluminium interior trim. The light blue is just not aggressive enough, as you said looks like a grandfather's or lady's car.

Edited by Yuen

actually think its quite nice,nice wheels...and good price,and pretty low kays actualy....lower it a bit a nd wait for some m sport bits....e 39 looks quite nice in the lighter colours,dont actually see many in that colour

actually think its quite nice,nice wheels...and good price,and pretty low kays actualy....lower it a bit a nd wait for some m sport bits....e 39 looks quite nice in the lighter colours,dont actually see many in that colour

It's been sold on behalf of and the owner wants to see it gone, so I think the price could be driven down a bit further.

So it could be a great "project car" to lower, and body kit... Don't think I've seen any msports with 100k for less than $24k

Man thats going to take some serious talking to convince the other 1/2 - oh well nothing ventured nothing gained

dont forget that in most cases motorport kit is bodykit,mtech, (lower and maybe bigger sways) ,wheels and maybe sports seats(not always).E 39 gurus will know.

Have to agree the 530i is a bit flat looking.

The 540 does stands out a lot better. Although with no PDC, old style tail lights, Query no angel eyes, electric curtain and what seats are fitted I'm a bit disappointing for that year as well. So $27,995 is a little steep for it in my opinion.

Cheers Allan

dont forget that in most cases motorport kit is bodykit,mtech, (lower and maybe bigger sways) ,wheels and maybe sports seats(not always).E 39 gurus will know.

Theres a few packages for the e39; premium package, sports package & M-sport package.

If I remember correctly the premium package has minor upgrades such as speakers, better looking wheels etc.

Sports package has the same upgrades and others. It has two M-Sport options, M-sport steering and sports seats.

Finally these are the upgrades with the M-sport pachage (there are others such as with the premium/sports package)

Copied from website -

Factory Motorsport Edition Includes:

Motorsport aerodynamic bodykit

Motorsport alloy wheels

Motorsport suspension and steering package

Motorsport sport seats; leather or black suede (alcantara)

Motorsport titanium silver trim and other

post-2897-1208763031_thumb.jpgpost-2897-1208762994_thumb.jpg

Mackt sure I can't tempt you with this 2000 528 M-Sport, 74000km. Has the black suede interior with silver titanium trim. Just spent the weekend cleaning it up and car is off to Jerry Clayton BMW this week for a service and check over. Not yet registered so the buyer will be first NZ owner.As mentioned in my previous post, imported it myself so am selling it cheap for a quick sale

Interested?

From the looks of the badging shes been sitting outside in the cold all her life...

Finally managed to get a test drive of this 530i (2000 ex Singapore)

Blue 530i

I would wait.

If you looked hard enough, you could get an NZ new one for that money.

Singaporean cars can be very very hard to get rid of when it comes time to upgrading.

Mackt sure I can't tempt you with this 2000 528 M-Sport, 74000km. Has the black suede interior with silver titanium trim. Just spent the weekend cleaning it up and car is off to Jerry Clayton BMW this week for a service and check over. Not yet registered so the buyer will be first NZ owner.As mentioned in my previous post, imported it myself so am selling it cheap for a quick sale

Interested?

Thats a beauty mate! Any interior pic's?

Thats a beauty mate! Any interior pic's?

Cheers... Will put up more pic's in the for sale thread in the next couple of days, soon to be on TM also. As Fai+h777 pointed out the bonnet badge was starting to delaminate so I peeled it off. Getting the Jerry Clayton boys to put a new one on when they have it for service.

Cheers... Will put up more pic's in the for sale thread in the next couple of days, soon to be on TM also. As Fai+h777 pointed out the bonnet badge was starting to delaminate so I peeled it off. Getting the Jerry Clayton boys to put a new one on when they have it for service.

Looks like you have another e39 M-sport hiding in the garage B)

Looks like you have another e39 M-sport hiding in the garage B)

Yeah thats my 525i M Sport. Gunna sell that one too, would like to get an 03 E39 M Sport. The wife drives around in a 3.0l 4x4 and chews through the gas running the kids around etc. Am thinking of getting her a 320 wagon to run around in, that way I can justify a 540 perhaps. :)

Edited by metro

Interested?

I'll keep an eye out for the TM listing, I'll have to do some research on the 528!

Both cars are fabulous, you wont regret owning either model, happy hunting and enjoy the dilema........

It definitely is a hunt trying to find the perfect BMW... I guess if I'm patient the price of V8's will drop (probably significantly?) if I decide on the 540. At least the internet makes the process easier.

I had a look at a higher km 530i (2001) and the dealer told me Msports only come with suede and apparently in Silver - obviously don't check out this website! Or TM...

If you want a car that has some chance of matching the dynamic drive of a well set up 328 there is only one choice - A 530 straight six or get really green and go 530d.

The V8 is too heavy in the front and the steering is vague.

530 Runs a rack n pinion front end, 540 due to space requirements runs a recurculating ball set up, hence the main difference in the feel, the 540 will ultimately understeer before the 530, but it is not the sort of thing you will usually come up against in everyday driving, especially if you are transporting the kids. and lets not forget the 540 will give you more oversteer opportunities when you do want to have a real play.

As far as 530d, think if you check specs deisel engine is heavier than v8, so bang goes that theory...............

Both cars are fabulous, you wont regret owning either model, happy hunting and enjoy the dilema........