Sign in to follow this  
bumpstop325

M20B27+G260

I have one burnt engine and Getrag260 for sale.

The engine is a M20B25 head on a M20B27 eta block with steam holes.

The engine is not currently running as it has been in a small engine bay fire.

The engine has a 282' cam with new Titanium rockers. new valve guides, full set of new bearings (cam & crank).

The wiring loom has been binned along with Alternator, power steering pump and fan.

The gearbox is abit noisy going into 4th. All new seals. New pressure plate, thrust bearing and clutch plate.

to make the engine run again it will need:

1 x loom

6 x injectors

1 x alternator

1 x starter motor

6 x HT leads

I have filled the cylinder heads with a little oil for long term storage and have been turning the engine over easily by hand couple of turns every month.

This would be an ideal package for the race series. I dont want to part it out. About 8 grand in total has been spent on this engine and gearbox. About 4 grand in parts and 4 grand in labour. My mechanic, Steve Bryan from Sherson Automotive rebuild this engine for me. It was NOT his fault that the engine caught fire.

I have driven the engine in EVLBMR for about 20kms before it caught fire. The engine went well before the fire. The setup i had meant that there was too much current going through the fuel relay that caused it to short and catch fire.

The engine+gb is veiwable in hamilton.

PM offers to me. Im not in any hurry to sell. Only wanting to use my time with keen buyers.

i also have a 320i autobox with only 100,000kms on it. $100 pick up only (hams).

Tim

i have the loom , a 2.5 ecu . alt , starter and ht leads if needed.

cheers

please give an indication of what you want for it Tim.