Sign in to follow this  
User Name

E28 Problem

My 1986 528i E28 has no power and takes ages to get to 100kmh. I have changed fuel regulator, filters etc.Recently installed pod filter.Could it be Fuel Pump? as this is only thing I haven't tried.

Also anyone know how to pressure test fuel system or someone in Levin/Otaki district who is good on these older cars

My 1986 528i E28 has no power and takes ages to get to 100kmh. I have changed fuel regulator, filters etc.Recently installed pod filter.Could it be Fuel Pump? as this is only thing I haven't tried.

Also anyone know how to pressure test fuel system or someone in Levin/Otaki district who is good on these older cars

You need an EFI fuel pressure guage to do it so you can test it running. Should be 2.5 bar with vacuum on the FPR or 3 bar with no vacuum.

Thanks for that i will try source one from somewhere, took to mechanic and said no vaccum leaks but doesnt mean he actually checked fuel pressure regulator

found that has exhaust Leak coming from rear of engine will get this check out today, cuase by the ammount of smoke that comes out is concering

Would this cause the kinda powerloss cause as of yesterday afternoon when the weather is warm and car is warm seems to have got power back but this morning same thing no power at all but can feel engine winding up and power going no were

I'd find another mechanic and get it checked properly first. You could end up on a wild goose chase.

I think its Page European down in Welly that does good work.. others could help you out with a good repairer in Welly.

Cheers

Glenn